Police Officer Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE POLICE OFFICER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Extensive law enforcement background with expertise in leadership, administration, human resource development, strategic planning, emergency management, and management reporting.
• Leadership Skills: Preparing and developing programs of action to accomplish objectives; demonstrating a positive attitude, strong work ethic, loyalty and dedication; considering the impact of decisions on the department, its members and community; obtaining cooperation; utilizing logic and sound judgment in decision-making; diplomatic, setting an example of integrity
|RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE|
City Police Department, Fredericksburg, Virginia
1986 - 1989
|Veteran Officer/ Canine Handler|
|• Conducted criminal investigations |
• Ensured evidence was properly collected, documented and handled
• Provided training to other officers
• Canine handler
Fairfax County Police Department, Fairfax, Virginia
1982 - 1986
Bay Colony Police Department, Bayside, CA
1981 - 1982
|Armed Security Officer/Shift Sergeant|
|• Supervised shift officers |
• Established and maintained daily logs of activities
United States Marine Corp
1976 - 1981
|• Honorable Discharge |
• Base accident investigator
• Classified documents courier
• Provided safe transportation of personnel and property
|EDUCATION & TRAINING|
|• Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy |
• City of Richmond Police Canine Academy
• United States Marine Police Academy
• Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Police Officer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Police Officer resume sample.