Political Science Graduate Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE POLITICAL SCIENCE GRADUATE RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address ·City, ST ZipCode
Campus: Phone # · Cell: Phone # · Email: Email Address
Summary of Qualifications
- Honors graduate with proven accomplishments in international relations, event planning, public relations, writing, and editing
- Documented experience within corporate, governmental, and academic environments in positions of significant responsibility
- Consistently recognized by professors, peers, supervisors, and internship mentors for dedication, scholarship, and enthusiasm
- Exceptional internship assignments, community volunteerism, writing and editing skills, and Microsoft Office proficiency
HUNTINGTON COLLEGE; Scholarville, New York
Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); December 2004
Major: Political Science / Minor: English / GPA: 3.98
Honors & Awards
- Class rank #3 of 1,700 / Dean’s List / Salutatorian / Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- 4-Year scholarship from Huntington College Alumni Association / NYC Merit Scholar
- Golden Key Honor Society / Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- Student-Faculty Disciplinary Committee / Huntington Student Senate
- Competitively selected for 12-student seminar class, “The Presidency of Bill Clinton,” featuring roundtable discussion with former President in person. Interviewed by CNN, Fox, and ABC.
- Received Huntington Library Research Competition Award for research paper, “Trends in the National Education Association,” expanded as Senior Thesis for Independent Study.
- Earned top honors for term project, “Examination of Lenox Hill Upscale Neighborhood of Manhattan, New York,” exploring race, gender, income distribution, data, and observational data.
THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE on U.S. FOREIGN POLICY; Scholarville, New York
Foreign Policy Event Planner & Editorial Intern; Spring 2004 & Fall 2004
- Planned events for foreign policy briefings for diplomats, ambassadors, and VIPs, including award ceremonies for Secretary of State Colin Powell, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, and other dignitaries.
- Coordinated conferences: “Cultural Underpinnings of Security in the Middle East,” and “Roundtable on Reform & Human Development in the Muslim World.” Conducted research and compiled grant applications.
URBAN CENTER for ACADEMIC SKILLS; Scholarville, New York
Creative Writing Program Volunteer Intern; Summer 2003 & Fall 2003
- Facilitated and implemented sustainable partnership project between Huntington students and urban, low-income, failing high school students. Mentored students in the creative writing and creative expression process.
- Conducted successful search to recruit Huntington professor as program sponsor, initiated grantwriting and fundraising activities, and collaborated with existing Arts in Education programs to enhance student writing capabilities.
SONY PICTURES TELEVISION / ABC; Vancouver, British Columbia
Television Production Intern; Summer 2002
- Worked on studio set of new Stephen King television series, “Kingdom Hospital.” Coordinated communication between stage and production office for 2-hour pilot and 15 episodes of ABC primetime series filmed in Vancouver, B.C.
- Organized and attended original cast party featuring stars Andrew McCarthy, Dianne Ladd, and Ed Begley. Worked in costume room for one week. Created searchable contact database during pre-production phase.
~ Transcripts, References & Writing Samples Available Upon Request ~
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Political Science Graduate Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Political Science Graduate resume sample.