Power Systems Engineer Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
THE POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode / Tel # Email: Email Address
Power Systems Engineer
Power systems engineer with over 10 years experience providing power systems to support high-availability needs. Recognized for managing over 150 installations while maintaining a perfect safety record. Skills include analysis of technical designs and implementation plans, design of robust testing protocols, and effective management of engineering professionals. Enhanced knowledge of industry trends and governmental guidelines through continuing education opportunities.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Emergency Power Services, Inc., San Diego, CA
1999 - Present
Managed crew of 20 field engineers and support technicians. Hired, scheduled, evaluated, trained, and terminated personnel. Reviewed and approved equipment specifications and site planning documents. Analyzed technical aspects of new products for inclusion in product line.
- Conducted regular sales training sessions to ensure thorough understanding of products.
- Designed installation procedures, focusing on safety, reliability, and efficiency. Received special recognition due to company-wide adoption of procedures.
- Instituted rigorous site preparation process to eliminate costly modifications during installation.
- Increased on-time installation rate by 17% and reduced budget overruns by half.
GridSupport, Inc., San Diego, CA
1995 - 1999
Surveyed, designed, ordered, and installed co-generation power units for hospitals and universities. Trained on-site staff to maintain and operate units. Provided on-call, emergency support to personnel.
- Developed and implemented 25-point survey to ensure readiness for co-generation unit, resulting in a 100% successful installation rate.
- Conducted environmental tests of potential installation sites, including noise levels, vibration effects, ventilation requirements, and earthquake vulnerability.
- Organized and monitored simulated disaster tests and reviewed results with customers to identify potential issues.
- Improved customer confidence, commitment, and satisfaction through bimonthly customer visits.
PowerSolutions, Inc., San Diego, CA
1992 - 1995
Field Service Engineer
Installed and maintained power backup systems for high availability operations. Surveyed sites and advised customers on necessary site preparation and planning. Field-tested installation, maintenance, and repair procedures in target settings.
- Traced circuits and tested loads to ensure capacity and compatibility of backup devices.
- Designed and installed temporary solutions to ensure no power outages or production losses experienced during installations.
- Developed and instituted thorough safety procedures, resulting in a perfect safety record.
- Mapped and labeled every installation to provide customer with detailed schematics of backup system.
San DiegoStateUniversity, San Diego, California
Bachelors of Science (Electrical Engineering),1992
Annual Product Updates and Workshops, Various Power Vendors
Power Safety on the Job, OSHA, 1998
Technical Management, Power Institute, 1997
Co-generation Systems, University Extension, 1995
Fail-Safe Testing, SDSU Extension, 1993
IEEE Power Engineering Society, Member
Electrical Generating Systems Association, Corporate Member
Pacific Power Association, Advisory Board Member
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Power Systems Engineer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Power Systems Engineer resume sample.