Professional Security Officer Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE PROFESSIONAL SECURITY OFFICER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
Professional security officer with over 10 years experience protecting lives and property. Founder and lead security professional in private consultant practice, utilizing personal field experience from military duties and private security assignments to provide effective advice and services. Demonstrated ability to assess threats and vulnerabilities, respond quickly, and implement effective solutions.
General Management skills: Use administrative, planning, and organizational skills to recognize problems and execute solutions that streamline operations and achieve results.
Leadership skills: Use coaching and mentoring strategies to assist employees in developing programs of action that address identified security needs.
Human Resource skills: Interact effectively with individuals at all levels, fostering a spirit of cooperation and respect, soliciting ideas and opinions of others, and utilizing input on key issues.
Communication skills: Express research and recommendations in an articulate, clear, concise, and effective manner.
TOMACK SECURITY CONSULTANTS, Milwaukee, WI
1999 - Present
Founded and managed an 8-person consulting firm specializing in physical security for celebrities, events, retail establishments, and financial institutions. Recruited, trained, and directed a team of contracting security agents based on client needs. Oversaw business, financial, and personnel decisions.
- Mentored and coached team members to deliver quality service and advice to clients.
- Instituted an immediate response procedure to quickly address emergency and hazardous situations, resulting in a 45% reduction in the time to contact appropriate authorities.
- Conducted research on success of security techniques in order to focus on the most successful strategies employed in the industry.
- Trained colleagues to present security plans using professional presentation skills.
GREAT PLAINS GEMS, INC., Minneapolis, MN
1996 - 1999
Managed security for 10 jewelry stores and seven gemstone couriers. Oversaw premise security, including alarm systems, inventory control procedures, contract security personnel, and surveillance systems. Advised senior management on improvements in security measures.
- Developed and institutionalized security standards and procedures, reducing thefts by 17%.
- Investigated and analyzed patterns in courier travel to demonstrate security vulnerabilities.
- Consulted with local law enforcement to increase awareness of crime patterns and assist in investigations.
- Researched new developments in alarm and surveillance systems to identify tools to improve in-store security.
LOMBARDI SECURITY SERVICES, Green Bay, WI
1994 - 1996
Provided security for professional sports team, including graveyard shift surveillance, weekend and evening sporting event security, crowd control, and bodyguard services. Maintained detailed records of security incidents and law enforcement actions.
- Evaluated travel and site security plans to recommend improvements to team management.
- Managed communication with local law enforcement to coordinate security plans.
- Served as liaison with local fire marshal to ensure full compliance with all fire ordinances.
- Prepared and presented crisis management plan to train other security personnel on emergency procedures.
UNITED STATES ARMY
1991 - 1994
Served as Squad Leader, Team Leader, and Training Specialist for subordinate personnel, at the rank of Corporal. Utilized military training to ensure compliance with military justice and fire safety requirements, including tours of duty as Patrol Officer, Crime Prevention Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO), Federal Police Escort, Physical Security NCO, and Fire Safety NCO.
- Decorated veteran of 2 foreign wars, with multiple awards and citations for serving as a combat parachutist with Detention Facilities and Med-Evac Units.
- Served as Arresting Detective for Drug Suppression Team involved in over 700 drug convictions in 4-year timeframe.
- Led team to win MP Pentathlon at Battalion level.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts (Management), 1999
Minnesota State College, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Associate of Arts (Law Enforcement), 1996
Wisconsin Community College, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Patrol Techniques, Traffic Enforcement, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Investigations, Report Writing, Motor Vehicle Law, Communication Skills, Ethics, Interviews, Law Enforcement Orientation and Driver Training.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Professional Security Officer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Professional Security Officer resume sample.