Purchasing Professional Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE PURCHASING PROFESSIONAL RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Purchasing and engineering professional with 21 years experience in negotiating prices and terms, improving inventory control and purchasing systems, overseeing quality control, shipping and receiving, purchasing and inspection of high tech parts, electronic components, and equipment. Noted for staff leadership, improving accuracy, efficiency, and cost reduction.|
Helix Semiconductor, Calabasas, CA
1994 - Present
|Purchasing, Receiving & Inventory / Quality Control Supervisor|
|• Hired as Purchasing Agent and Receiving Clerk but promoted to Inventory Control Supervisor, Receiving Supervisor, Quality Control Supervisor, and Purchasing Supervisor due to management capabilities, technical skills, and ability to motivate employees. |
• Oversee all purchasing operations for this $1 million company providing assembly of switching systems for various electronic applications, and coordinate daily work schedules and special projects with a staff of 20-30 employees, including training and supervision.
• Major clients include Raytheon Systems Corp., Raytheon E-Systems, Boeing Defense & Space Group, Boeing North American Rocketdyne Division, and Lucent Technologies.
• Handle purchasing, inspecting, and negotiating favorable pricing on inventory with a $60,000 purchase value / $500,000 inventory value, including printed circuit boards, sheet metal machine parts, and various electronic components (capacitors, resistors, connectors, conductors, transformers, etc.).
• Determine bidders list, analyze quotations, read data sheets and blueprints, select qualified vendors, negotiate prices and ship terms, compare quality, oversee receiving, inspection, and returns, and manage inventory control and stockroom.
• Seek ways to reduce purchasing costs on machine-fabricated and sheet metal parts through engineering knowledge and successful negotiations. For example, reorganized the stockroom resulting in more accurate inventory procedures and better record-keeping.
Engineering Inc., Canoga Park, CA
1991 - 1994
|Design Mechanical Engineer|
|• Served as Design Engineer for a sheet metal machine shop / engineering firm providing housings, and other sheet metal items for defense contractors, government contractors, and aerospace companies. |
• Handled analysis of engineering sketches, reviewing specifications, and using data and drawings to assist in production. Determined design factors including size, geometric shape, depth, and wall thickness to set up computerized numerical control (CNC) to produce machine parts and components from blueprint.
• Established programs to produce electronic hardware and tooling for production requirements, performed in-process quality inspections, and ensured compliance with design specifications.
Knitwear Factory, Siauliai, Lithuania
1988 - 1991
|• Set up computerized knitting machines for various knitwear designs and sizes for production of sweaters sold in upscale department stores and other retail shops. |
• Inspected products for quality and thickness, selected knitwear by rate and size, and assisted designers in preparing new fabrics into production.
Fabric Factory, Vilnius, Lithuania
1984 - 1988
|• Designed three new, high-quality, cotton upholstery fabrics, as well as two original designs utilized in ongoing production for end use in furniture upholstery, curtains, draperies, and other fabric applications. |
• Created new color variations and introduced new interweaves in fabric production, set up looms and jacard machines, checked patterns and inspected fabrics in-process to ensure design quality. Prepared for trade shows.
Lentvario Carpet Factory, Lentvaris, Lithuania
1981 - 1984
|• Supervised a crew of 120 employees in a carpet manufacturing plant specializing in production of wool and cotton natural fiber rugs. Duties included organizing workflow, planning materials availability, scheduling shifts, and forecasting production levels. |
• Additionally responsible for HR functions, training of new staff, supervision of crews, quality control, safety, maintenance of equipment, and overall facilities management.
Occupational Center, Woodland Hills, CA
|CAD / Electronic Drafting Studies|
|• Completed two semesters and over 120 hours of instruction.|
State of California
|Notary Public License|
|PC Payroll Certification|
Semiconductor XYZ, Calabasas, CA
|• Purchase and Price Negotiations, Maximize Optimum Stock Levels, Management of Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Control, Ensuring Quality Control, Vendor Relations, Understanding Electronic Components, Use of Blueprints for Inspection of Parts and Equipment|
University, Kaunas, Lithuania
|Bachelor of Science, Engineering Technology / Textile Engineering|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Purchasing Professional Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Purchasing Professional resume sample.