Railroad Maintenance Supervisor Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with resume keywords by industry.
THE RAILROAD MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|RAILROAD MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, MAINTENANCE OF WAY DEPARTMENT |
- Accomplished supervisor with 20+ years management experience, directing all aspects of railroad infrastructure maintenance and construction. Recognized for solid work ethic and productivity. Good verbal and written communication skills facilitate conveying project requirements and delegating tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills; capable of prioritizing and managing heavy workflow to optimize time and resources. Service-oriented and driven to achieve goals. Able to supervise projects to meet challenging goals and objectives. Win through patience and resolve.
- Thrive in a team environment. Possess talent to motivate and work with people across a complex organization. Cognizant of labor agreements and apply provisions in effective manner.
- Recruit qualified suppliers and contractors. Negotiate favorable contracts and agreements with outside contractors and suppliers. Schedule labor to reduce downtime. Ensure completed work and materials meet established specs; review and inspect work in progress to confirm compliance.
|GLTX - Bessemer & Lake Erie RR – Greenville, Pennsylvania ||1978 – Present |
|MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, Maintenance of Way Dept. (1989 – Present) |
|STRUCTURES INSPECTOR (1985 – 1989) ||CARPENTER (1981 – 1985) |
|ASST. STRUCTURES INSPECTOR (1981 – 1985) ||LABORER (1978 – 1981) |
- Manage Track Department and supervise daily activity and productivity of personnel in construction and maintenance of main tracks, branches and yard tracks. Focus on maintenance contributed to achievement of no mainline derailments due to maintenance problems since the early 1990s.
- Oversee personnel in Bridge & Building Department; construct, maintain and repair buildings, bridges and various other facilities and structures. Plan, organize and execute day-to-day operations of bridge department. Simultaneously manage and coordinate multiple projects.
- Member of 4-person team to implement safety program. Achieved excellent safety record in 2003 with 1 FRA reportable and 0 lost time injuries.
- Able to plan operations and execute the plan. Thorough knowledge of building practices, labor, equipment and materials. Assemble and train a cohesive team; analyze and control schedules; implement cost controls. Oversee inspections of main lines, branches and yard tracks as required by FRA to verify maintenance is done properly and to minimize costly repairs.
- Provide annual work program (daily and seasonal) and information required to prepare capital budget. Estimate man-hours and material required for specific projects. Set specifications; requisition materials and equipment; obtain bids from contractors and suppliers. Completed 2003 Capital Program within 10% of forecast and ahead of December 31 deadline by several weeks.
- Coordinate schedules with other departments, outside contractors and internal staff to optimize time, manpower, equipment and material. Keep communication lines open between superiors, subordinates, outside people and self to promote accuracy and efficiency.
- Oversee and analyze activities as they take place and make updates and changes as needed for safe, efficient, successful completion of projects.
|TRAINING / CERTIFICATION |
|PA DOT Bridge Safety Inspection and Certification ||Track Foreman Training |
|Lead-base Paint Abatement Supervisor Training ||Tamper Application School |
|Derailment / Accident Investigation Course ||Mobile Crane Safety |
|OSHA Safety and Health of the Construction Industry ||Industrial Electricity |
|Harassment in the Workplace Awareness Training ||Track Inspection (Zeta Tech.) |
|Roadway Worker Protection Training || |
A.S., Civil Engineer Tech, Youngstown State University – Youngstown, Ohio
A.S., Architectural Engineer Tech, Penn State University – Sharon, Pennsylvania
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Railroad Maintenance Supervisor Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Railroad Maintenance Supervisor resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Railroad Maintenance Supervisor resume sample.