Recreation Director Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE RECREATION DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
Recreation director with over six years experience managing recreational activities, including parks and community events, athletic teams, and fitness classes. Accomplishments include coordinating major park renovations, large-scale events, and multiple activities schedules. Ability to communicate with advisory boards, government leaders, civic groups, grounds crews, contractors, athletes, and children.
| || || |
|ATLANTA PARKS AND RECREATION, Atlanta, GA||2000 - Present|
Oversaw staff of nine Parks Department employees, Recreation Supervisor and staff, administrative assistant, and temporary employees for summer and special programs. Interacted with city departments, community groups, and civic leaders. Administered $450,000 annual operating budget for operations, maintenance, and repairs of city parks and equipment.
- Oversaw and managed all daily operations of Parks and Recreation Departments to maintain safety and service.
- Visited sites throughout the city to evaluate needs, determine most cost-efficient method to accomplish projects within budget and make recommendations for city approval.
- Served as Project Manager for R. E. Reynolds Park Improvement Project, a $20M park refurbishment program.
- Coordinated with other departments, agencies, and community leaders to maintain a positive team environment.
- Served as liaison with the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board to communicate park issues and receive operational direction.
|VALDOSTA PARKS AND RECREATION, Valdosta, GA||1997 - 2000|
Directed media relations, public affairs activities, and special events in coordination with the Chamber of Commerce, Recreation Division, and community. Oversaw festivals, Little League/Football League/Soccer League functions, and other events held in city parks.
- Prepared contingency plans to anticipate inclement weather and emergencies, acting as field operations supervisor during emergencies.
- Implemented technology to advertise events, including Recreation Department Web site, e-mail announcements, and newsgroup postings.
- Involved the community in park clean-up days to prepare the park for the summer season.
- Mobilized a crew of volunteers to assist with park maintenance after major events or severe storms.
|AUGUSTA HIGH SCHOOL, Augusta, GA||1995 - 1997|
Encouraged promising players to join school’s tennis team. Trained and developed players. Advised players on stroke production and hitting techniques. Organized practices and managed a rigorous training program. Scheduled team matches and tournaments.
- Developed instructional presentations to teach technique as well as sportsmanship.
- Designed activities and modeled behaviors to demonstrate supportive teamwork.
- Coached team from a 6-12 record to a 15-3 record within two years.
- Instilled high levels of pride in students for well-played matches.
|ZANE FITNESS CENTER, Augusta, GA||1992 - 1995|
Taught group-based aerobics and weight-training classes to fitness center members. Designed and delivered individualized training sessions, organizing a progressively challenging regime and advising on proper technique. Trained members on equipment use, including safety measures and health concerns.
- Designed and presented fitness and wellness lectures to inform members of fitness and health issues.
- Demonstrated personal care and attention to all class attendees, resulting in fitness center’s highest ratings on class evaluations.
- Included elements of fun in all classes, leading to 65% increase in class enrollments.
- Increased membership renewal rates by counseling members regarding fitness center’s resources, recommending additional classes, new equipment, or additional exercises.
Bachelor of Science (Exercise Science), 1996
University of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
CERTIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training
ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certificate
AFAA Personal Trainer Certificate
American College of Sports Medicine
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Recreation Director Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Recreation Director resume sample.