Research Specialist Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE RESEARCH SPECIALIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country / Phone Email Address
International researcher with 16 years experience studying the effects of environmental factors on human health. Conducted multi-year research focused on harmful effects of environmental, physical, psychological, and immune stressors. Research provided pivotal information in understanding the key roles hormones play in mediating stress responses throughout the immune, endocrine, and nervous systems.
- Outstanding ability to analyze, gather, write, evaluate, and produce detailed reports on critical projects.
- Strong skills in conducting initial research, providing data analysis, evaluating, and then developing viable solutions for integration into the market.
- Expertise working with leading investigators in the field of psychosis.
- Interact effectively with scientists, administrators, and pharmaceutical liaison officers. Ability to adapt to people and institutions at all levels.
- Key research expertise areas include: behavioral, anatomical, physiological, biochemical, and molecular biology techniques.
|PSYCHO-SOCIAL TREATMENTS, Washington, D.C.||1996 - Present|
Coordinated psychological treatment research of five international teams. Established and maintained research goals and timelines. Reported teams’ progress to research sponsors.
- Directed project steering committees to further investigate therapeutic techniques and research potential uses of various agents in search of more effective treatments.
- Employed project management and organizational skills to motivate and coordinate teams.
- Fostered ad hoc, real-time video conferencing to reduce travel expenses and time.
- Organized annual conferences to facilitate transfer of research findings and approaches.
- Research selected to be published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
|BIOLOGICAL TREATMENT RESEARCH, INC., Norfolk, VA||1990 - 1996|
Served as staff researcher conducting studies of a nonpeptide corticotropin-releasing hormone antagonist. Working with an international team, formulated hypotheses to test, designed research methodology, recorded lab procedures, collected data, directed analysis, and generated findings and implications. Attended and presented at scientific conferences.
- Advised company’s management on research results, detailing areas for future study.
- Coordinated and participated in collaborative research projects to further inform development of effective psychological treatments.
- Consulted with physicians, scientists, and medical personnel to maintain strong relationships with medical practitioners.
|UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, Richmond, VA||1986 - 1990|
Prepared and maintained student biology laboratories, including controlling inventory of specimens, chemicals, apparatus, and supplies. Conducted orientation safety sessions for undergraduate students. Ordered supplies and equipment, maintained budgets, and managed hazardous waste disposal.
- Prepared safety instruction sheets, posters, and visual reminders to ensure proper lab techniques and precautions. Reduced serious incidents by over 40%.
- Conducted impromptu safety drills to heighten student awareness of safety issues.
- Assisted faculty with on-going research by writing lab procedures, collecting and analyzing data, and compiling initial research findings.
Master of Science (Psychology), 1986
University of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
Thesis Title: Compliance Models of Atypical Anti-psychotic Treatment
Bachelor of Science (Biology and Psychology), 1982
Virginia College, Charlottesville, Virginia
National Biological Honor Society
Neuropsychological Research Association
American Psychological Association
Outstanding Master’s Thesis
Most Original Paper, Biology Department
Effects of Neurological Treatments on Psychosis, JAMA, Nov. 1998.
Atypical Treatments and Their Effects, APA Bulletin, Dec. 1996.
Lab Techniques for Psychological Treatments, College Biologist, Mar. 1995.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Research Specialist Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Research Specialist resume sample.