Restaurant General Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Seeking a challenging Management position in a full-service, casual or fine-dining establishment in which my extensive experience and training in management, sales, public relations, and customer service will be of value.|
|SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS|
• Skilled in all aspects of business management, budget preparation, financial analysis and management, P & L responsibility, sales and sales forecasting, strategic planning, customer service, employee supervision and development, marketing, merchandising, vendor relations, and related administrative duties
.• Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through successful interaction with customers and staff, production of detailed written sales and budget reports and projections, and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
• Consistently noted by senior management, customers and staff for superior job performance , initiative, and excellent leadership skills.
BLUE BIRD'S INTERNATIONAL RESTAURANT, Kenner, Louisiana
1999 - Present
|Assistant General Manager|
|• Served as Assistant General Manager for a full-service, casual dining restaurant with seating capacity of 295 guests and revenues of $1.5 to $2 million per year.
• Assisted General Manager with all restaurant operations, including customer service, waitstaff and kitchen supervision, ensuring food and beverage quality, opening / closing, scheduling, and overall management.
• Coordinated management of staff, hiring, training, and employee development.
• Monitored food cost budgets, menu specials, and cost controls. Assisted in marketing and merchandising of restaurant services. Directed facility maintenance, and emphasized clean, fun, and hospitable dining facilities.
• Managed cost controls for food and labor, expense budgets, and quality control. Monitored security measures and loss prevention and coordinated facility maintenance and upkeep.
• Developed employee customer service skills, conducted productivity enhancement, and performance evaluations. Served as liaison and team leader to improve work flow and restaurant efficiency.
• Achieved high employee satisfaction covering the areas of unit teamwork, management trust, professional growth, guest service, and work environment.
• Successfully increased sales every month in 1999-2000 over the previous year by approximately 8%.
• Decreased food costs by 1.2%.
ROGER'S FAMILY STEAKHOUSE, Dallas, TX, San Antonio, TX, Milton, LA, Rustlake, LA, and Greta, LA
1993 - 1999
|Initially hired as Assistant Manager and then successively promoted to Second Manager within a year and a half, to Assistant General Manager with one year, and then to General Manager due to outstanding job performance and leadership skills.
• Responsibilities included aspects of daily restaurant and management operations of a full-service casual dining steakhouse, with a seating capacity of up to 532 guests and annual revenues of $1.5 million dollars.
• Duties included hiring / firing, training, direct supervision, and evaluation of 75 to 80 employees. Additional responsibilities included overseeing personnel management, developing and reinforcing employee sales and service skills, conducting employee productivity review and motivation, staff scheduling, and payroll approval.
• Total control of P&L statements and financial management. Oversaw inventory and purchasing of food, supplies, and equipment, and coordinated vendor relations.
• Provide consistently high quality customer service and satisfaction, and work to facilitate a clean, hospitable, and friendly dining experience.
• Coordinated, managed, and oversaw the opening of the Ruston, Louisiana location as Assistant General Manager and took over the restaurant as General Manager within one year of opening.
• Successfully reduced employee turn-over by 25 to 30%.
• Increased weekly sales by 4 to 5%.
• Consistently achieved bonuses for meeting and exceeding sales quota.
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, College Park, Maryland
|Bachelor of Science, Sciences, Minor: Broadcasting|
MOOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY, Moorehead, Kentucky
Activities: Basketball team member
BERGIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Paramus, New Jersey
Activities: Basketball team member
|ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS|
|• Stationed in Milan, Italy for three years as a member of the United States Air Force
• Received John Levitow Award for Outstanding Leadership Abilities
• Recognized as NCO of the Quarter while in charge of Air Force unit
• Fluent in Italian
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Restaurant General Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Restaurant General Manager resume sample.