Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|MARKETING ~ RETAIL OPERATIONS
|Sales ~ Executive Administration ~ Customer Service ~ Office Management
- Exceptional organizational skills; customer- and results-oriented. Work effectively under pressure and stress to meet deadlines. Identify problems/needs and initiate effective solutions. See the “big picture” while attending to the details to complete projects.
- Promote working environment/procedures conducive to improving productivity, increasing efficiency, enhancing quality and strengthening financial results.
- Motivated to work efficiently without direct supervision in busy environment, handling many tasks simultaneously; able to prioritize workload and multi-task. Persuasive, creative and flexible to changing priorities.
- Dynamic communication / interpersonal skills and a team player; interact positively with a wide range of people. Negotiate conflicts; motivate others to achieve goals.
- Computer skills include Microsoft applications; proprietary software for customer sale transactions, history, etc.; UPS Worldwide; Internet research and communication.
- Thorough knowledge of:
- Retails Sales
- Inventory Control
- Strategic Analysis
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Inventory Planning
- Team Leader
- Supervisory Oversight
- Personnel Administration
|Waterford Wedgwood USA, Inc. – Grove City, Pennsylvania
||1996 – Present
|Support executive and operating teams in Retails division for international company selling crystal stemware, giftware, china, linens, cookware, cutlery, hard goods and specialty products in all price ranges and over 10,000 SKUs to specialty stores, wholesale and Retails consumers. Grew local store business to $1.126 million.
- Design P&L initiatives to increase sales and minimize expenses. Consistently came in at or below budget in all management roles. Initiated substantial cost-saving initiatives for All-Clad store in the areas of supplies, payroll, etc.
- Conduct market analysis to identify opportunities to expand predominant “baby boomer” customer base and to provide affordable and attractive merchandise to younger generation. Analyze sales data and inventories to plan promotions and make adjustments. Coordinate in-store promotional activities and off-site special events.
- Provide exceptional customer service; assist corporate clients as well as individual customers to choose appropriate gifts. Establish trust and promote repeat business.
- Conscientiously perform data collection / analysis to prepare numerous end-of-month reports (e.g., productivity updates, customer requests / orders, employment, etc.).
- Trace variety of data to forecast buying trends. Analyze competition, market positions, product lines and service levels. Forecast demand patterns and revisions where necessary to maintain inventory control.
- Spearheaded new business by marketing store for bridal and gift registries in conjunction with advertising campaign that includes local businesses.
- Boosted operating efficiency, productivity and performance:
- Created email customer lists to cost-effectively distribute product information and announce upcoming sales.
- Restructured inventory system (stock levels and displays) resulting in substantial reduction in annual fiscal inventory from Retails division average ($680 out of $500K stock level). Slashed surplus and generated more accurate sales data.
- Initiated procedures in store security that reduced shrink (from 1.2% to .2%).
- Implemented new customer service—More Card program—introduced by Prime Outlets to offer extra savings to cardholders. Survey showed customers increased purchases to qualify for increased savings.
- Trained staff in new programs, policies, computer updates and product information. Recruited applicants for management positions. Assisted in several new store openings. Supervised staff of 12-15 associates providing inventory control, customer service, and shipping/receiving.
- Designed promotional materials for product lines, which resulted in free product promotion in local publications and shopping centers.
|McKenzie Square – Niles, Ohio
||1990 – 1996
|American Marketing Association, Member
|EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION
Numerous workshops / seminars include:
Managing for Success • How to Supervise People
B.A., Business Administration
Major: Business Management and Marketing
Kent State University – Kent, Ohio
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Retail Operations Manager Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Retail Operations Manager resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Retail Operations Manager resume sample.