Safety Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE SAFETY MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|• Design highly visible ergonomics program and improve safety management, resulting in over 80% reduction in occupational injury/illness incidence rate.
• Coordinate training on regulatory requirements and optimal management practices, including initiating and developing curricula and training materials.
• Initiate, develop, and implement equipment and process safety and environmental review process, used to identify and minimize safety and environmental impacts of new and revised operations.
• Lead behavior-based safety program implementation team.
• Assist with integration of safety and environmental programs for acquired companies and new divisions in North America, South America, Europe, and the Far East.
• Present community-based and collegiate educational programs, workshop seminars, and classroom lectures on ergonomics and industrial safety.
• Represent employer on environmental and safety issues during regulatory inspections and settlement conferences and interact with attorneys and regulatory agencies, achieving greater than 60% reduction in proposed fines.
• Assist in coordination of 24-hour response programs for fire, chemical spills, hot cells, and first aid and oversee investigative team for incidents and work-related injuries and illnesses.
• Utilize extensive knowledge of DOT, DEC, EPA, and OSHA regulations and requirements, as well as zoning and development ordinances.
• Participate on cross-functional quality improvement team with responsibility for improving company-wide written and oral communication process.
Acme Resources, Spokane, Washington
1996 - Present
|Manage safety and environmental affairs for six locations with responsibility for industrial hygiene, equipment safety, training programs, record keeping and reporting, risk identification and minimization, team facilitation, emergency response, budgeting, long-range planning, and policy and procedure development.
• Reduced occupational injury/illness incidence rate in Eastern Washington facilities by more than 80%.
• Designed protocol and led first-ever comprehensive, internal safety audit and environmental review.
• Reduced new employee orientation training time by 45% while still covering mandated content and achieving high compliance rate.
• Initiated changes in safety performance tracking that reduced number of reports by 53%.
• Awarded recognition as "Shining Star Performer" in 2001.
Ferndale Products, Inc., Spokane, Washington
1994 - 1996
|Manager, Compliance Assurance and Training|
|Responsible for compliance reviews of all locations in North America, Asia, and Europe. Developed and presented Environmental, Health, and Safety training programs for all levels of the organization. Initiated and coordinated first-ever international forum in Asia.|
Ferndale Products, Inc., Spokane, Washington
1991 - 1994
|Manager - Environmental, Health, and Safety|
|Provided guidance on EHS rules and regulations to manufacturing facilities in the United States, Japan, and France. Traveled to all facilities at least twice per year to provide hands-on assistance and program support. Produced bi-monthly newsletter with regulatory updates and news from each facility. Trained staff in Confined Space Entry, Personal Ergonomics, Lockout/Tagout Procedures, and Accident Investigation.|
Manning Environmental Services, Spokane, Washington
1988 - 1991
|EDUCATION AND TRAINING|
Spokane University, Spokane, Washington
|Masters, Business Administration|
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
|Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Science|
• International Environmental Honor Society
• Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
• Outstanding Young Women of America
|Professional development training|
|Total Quality Management
Hazardous Waste Management
Building Supportive Teams
USDOT Hazardous Materials Transportation
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Safety Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Safety Manager resume sample.