Senior Software Engineer Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country / Phone #, Email Address
Senior Software Engineer
Senior software engineer with nine years of programming experience including Java, database systems, Y2K verification, and COBOL migration. Demonstrated ability to direct and motivate a team of software engineers to complete projects meeting specifications and deadlines. Expertise in determining customer needs and effectively translating those needs into software solutions. In-depth knowledge of operating system functions and techniques to optimize legacy code.
| || || || |
|ACME RESOURCES, Louisville, KY||2001 - Present|
Senior Software Engineer
Managed a team of seven software engineers to maintain and enhance large relational databases for a Human Resources firm. Collaborated with Marketing to identify new products and features, develop 3-year business strategy, and aggressive, 9-month technology convergence plan. Directed software engineers and third-party contractors on programming methodology, priorities, and deadlines, allocating resources as needed.
- Completed major product release, meeting very aggressive, externally committed schedule and budget.
- Developed and maintained complex applications to deliver data-driven content to Web users.
- Ported source code to multiple platforms to widen product availability and increase sales by 70%.
- Researched and evaluated third-party Web applets; prototyped, developed, tested, and delivered solution for secure, personalized employee benefit Web pages.
|FERNDALE CORPORATION, Lexington, KY||2000 - 2001|
Designed, developed, and implemented a customer-relationship management system used by entire corporation to communicate with external customers. Served as project lead, process owner, and programmer analyst in dynamic technical environment requiring continuous application of new skill sets to support and link multiple platforms, including MS Windows, UNIX, VMS, and MVS.
- Fixed exception-handling defects in compiler, addressing both compile-time and run-time errors. Wrote error-detection code that reduced analysis time from several days to one hour.
- Redesigned build-generation process, reducing build errors, simplifying user interface, and decreasing build times by 62%.
- Mentored and trained project members in writing forward-compatible code. Acted as department-wide expert on verification procedures for assuring forward compatibility.
- Drove customer issue escalation resolution, decreasing backlog of customer issues by 36%.
|OCTAGON, INC., Lexington, KY||1997 - 2000|
Designed, wrote, and debugged Java programs for Web-based retail services. Led Y2K team focused on verifying readiness of all Web-related technologies. Implemented corporate repository for Java-based objects and documented code to guide future utilization.
- Created a fully automated Web ordering/payment system using Java, merging customer database with Web presence to provide a personalized experience for customers.
- Designed routines to receive Web orders, build customer records, create invoices, and issue unlock password codes to maintain privacy.
- Devised an "FAQ" Access database designed to minimize technical support inquiries and provide users with "instant" information. After three months of use, average call volume decreased by 30% while customer satisfaction levels increased by 14%.
|FJK CORPORATION, Louisville, KY||1993 - 1997|
Designed and debugged custom financial routines including account adjustments, statement processing, and investor record queries. Migrated COBOL code from VAX VMS system to Sun Solaris workstations. Rewrote legacy reports designed for line printers to print on laser printers using Postscript.
- Met with finance officer to assess programming needs and supplied custom code to meet specifications.
- Optimized existing code by identifying and rewriting inefficient subroutines, reducing processing time by over 75% for some jobs.
- Supported mainframe to PC connectivity and data transfer, enabling expert users to employ desktop software to analyze mainframe data.
- Experimented with new technologies and routines to increase efficiency and reduce processing time.
Bachelor of Science (Computer Science), 1993
Louisville College, Louisville, Kentucky
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Senior Software Engineer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Senior Software Engineer resume sample.