Senior Staff Accountant Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with resume keywords by industry.
THE SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Senior Staff Accountant
· With 10 years of accounting experience in manufacturing, commercial property management, and medical industries.
· General ledger expert with an emphasis on month-end account reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end expense analysis.
· Completed 5.5 years in a supervisory role involved in interviewing, hiring, training, staff development, annual performance evaluations, and motivation.
· Proven track record recognizing and implementing improvements in workflow, increasing efficiencies and productivity, increasing accuracy of information, and creating synergy within team management environments.
· Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher), SAP (Finance/Fixed Assets), Skyline, and MRI.
1999 to Present
ATOFINA CHEMICALS, INC. – Crosby, Texas
Maintain full charge general ledger responsibility for an organic peroxide manufacturer with $15 million in expenses. This includes accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, special construction projects, month-end closings, fixed cost budgeting, and budget analysis. Supervise 2 employees involved in accounts payable and payroll. Interact internally with engineering, local departmental managers, and corporate operations accounting, payroll, tax, and legal departments. Communicate externally with sales tax auditors and outside audit firms. Oversee annual audit for site.
· Oversaw an 8-year audit—involved pulling data, reviewing sales tax payments, building spreadsheets, and providing auditor with information in a timely manner.
· Identified $1 million in obsolete/retired assets during a $38 million fixed asset cleanup currently in progress.
· Setup from 50 to 60 capital projects since 1999—tracked and analyzed payments, verified accuracy, closed capital projects, and posted to fixed assets.
· Coordinated 3 major projects over $5 million each related to incidents and insurance claims—maintained separate sets of books, including claim reconciliation, and insured all engineers followed regulations on rebuild.
· Implemented numerous time efficiency projects to offset a decrease in closing time from 7 down to 2 days, a 70% reduction.
· Created approximately 80 spreadsheets used by management for expense analysis that reduced project time by at least 6 hours each week.
· Developed and implemented an automated fixed cost budget spreadsheet used to track budgets year to year, reducing project time by at least 75%.
· Improved efficiencies by 57% to 64% by creating a month-end report spreadsheet which reduced project time down from 2 weeks to 5 or 6 days.
· Achieved a 40% to 50% decrease in project time by creating automated balance sheet reconciliation spreadsheets.
· Created purchase order-tracking spreadsheets adopted by corporate and used division-wide.
· Assigned additional responsibility for cost accounting and researching/correcting errors at month-end due to significant time saved through improved efficiencies.
1998 to 1999
|TRANSWESTERN COMMERCIAL SERVICES – Houston, Texas |
Managed month-end closings, financial statement preparations, yearly budgeting, cash management, and all cost reconciliation and journal entries for 7 properties in Houston and New Orleans. Served as 1099 reporting specialist for 120 small entities.
· Saved approximately $30,000 annually by taking on three additional properties, with responsibility for seven after just months into position.
Financial Analyst II/Accounts Payable Supervisor
1997 to 1998
|KELSEY SEYBOLD CLINIC – Houston, Texas |
Supervised 6 accounts payable clerks and 1 file clerk. Reviewed accounts payable coding and checked production of between 900 to 1,200 invoices weekly. Resolved vendors’ payment issues. Supervised conversion from mainframe system to SAP.
· Developed and implemented check writing and payment procedures to accommodate new SAP system.
· Managed a 7-year balance sheet reconciliation project, supervising 4 temporary employees.
|DYNACARE HOME HEALTH SERVICES – Lafayette, Louisiana |
Tracked cash receipts and disbursements. Managed budgets. Developed and implemented standard operating procedures for all accounting functions. Prepared Medicare/Medicaid billing and cost reports. Interacted with intermediary concerning reimbursements and regulations.
1996 to 1997
|PROPERTY ONE INC. – Lafayette, Louisiana |
1995 to 1996
|EQUIFAX COMMERCIAL SPECIALISTS – Lafayette, Louisiana |
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Accounting (Minor in Business Administration)
|UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE – Lafayette, Louisiana |
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Senior Staff Accountant Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Senior Staff Accountant resume through international job search engines to job recruiters worldwide.
Start preparing for job interviews and check the job interview do's and don'ts. Also, find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
In addition, on job search, visa, work permit, cover letter, CV / resume, job interview and dress code pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Senior Staff Accountant resume sample.