Social Studies Teacher Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
THE SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
|Elementary School Teacher seeking to secure a public school teaching position utilizing extensive past experience as an educator. |
Creative, dedicated, versatile, flexible, conscientious and enthusiastic educator, with over 25 years of results directling academic and personal development. Dedicated to teaching children to achieve their maximum learning potential. Direct expertise in the following areas:
|EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS|
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Arizona State College, Phoenix, AZ
|Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education|
|• Renewed Teacher's Certificate for State of Arizona / 2002. |
• Completed Teacher Certification process for the State of Arizona / 2002.
• Provisional Elementary Education - K-8, State of Arizona.
• Standard Elementary Teaching, K-9, State of Illinois.
LINCOLN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1991 - Present
|Language Arts & Social Studies Teacher|
|Taught two Language Arts and four Social Studies classes. Instructed students in subject matter utilizing various teaching methods, including discussions, cooperative learning, demonstrations and materials to supplement presentations. |
• Designed, organized, implemented and evaluated lesson plans.
• Sent quarterly progress reports to parents.
• Utilized variety of resources to coordinate curriculum to accommodate the different learning styles and needs of students.
• Counseled students with academic and personal problems and participated in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
WASHINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1983 - 1991
|Elementary School Teacher|
|Developed teaching style focused on sound classroom management, creating a happy classroom atmosphere. These techniques demanded high expectations as well as provided respect, dignity and self-worth to each individual student. Bought a high level of energy to teaching constantly looking for new ways to motivate students to learn. |
• Designed, organized, implemented and evaluated lesson plans. Evaluated student work and progress.
• Maintained motivating, productive learning environment by organizing time, space and resources with sound classroom rules, holding students accountable for their actions, and implementing consistent and fair consequences.
• Trained clinical student teachers in reading and language lessons. Demonstrated flexibility in helping restore educational process for students during emergency situation.
• Commended by principals, administrators and community for helping organize relief efforts and providing emotional support to students and parents.
• Developed behavior contracts for students and facilitated communication between students, parents and principal in the implementation.
JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1978 - 1983
|4th and 5th Grade Teacher|
JACKSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1972 - 1978
|4th and 5th Grade Teacher|
WILSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1967 - 1972
|4th Grade Teacher|
|AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES|
|• Member, National Education Association / Illinois Education Association |
• Secretary, Local IEA Teacher's Organization
|• Obtained Masters of Arts degree in Education and maintained a GPA of 4.0 while teaching full-time. Completed post Masters course work, with concentration in reading. |
• Presented teacher in-service workshop on classroom management: "Discipline with Dignity."
• Co-authored and presented several curriculum guides and objectives for school district programs and projects.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Social Studies Teacher Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Social Studies Teacher resume sample.