Systems Administrator Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR |
|Qualifications: || |
Master of Business Administration/Technology Management
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Windows 2000)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Microsoft Certified Professional
|Technical Strengths: ||Hardware/Software Programming, Operating Systems, LAN, WAN, Internet & Intranet Security, Routers, Firewalls, Data Warehousing, Disaster Recovery, Visual Basics, Virus Prevention (Worms & Trojan Horse) |
|Personal Strengths: ||IT Support, Systems Administration/Management, Troubleshooting, Thin Client Architecture, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Client Relationship Building |
|Operating Systems: ||MS-DOS, Fuji MCS-16F, Windows 95X, Windows-NT Server 4.0 |
|Programming: ||Lotus Notes 4.X, R5, Fortran, Basic, Teamstudio CIAO, Visual Basics, Landesk Management, Filemaker Pro, PC Anywhere-32, Lotus Screen Cam |
|Analysis Packages: ||Spice, Mininec, Control-C |
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE |
|HAWKSBURY SYSTEMS — New Jersey, NJ ||1999 – PRESENT |
|System Administrator |
|Reported directly to IT Manager for large international company providing environmental consulting services across 120 locations world-wide. Managed Lotus Notes network; monitored server performance, memory and disk space; managed and created databases; analyzed, programmed computer applications and systems for users; attended to application issues and server problems; updated user accounts; performed analysis of existing hardware and software; and evaluation of potential network enhancements. |
- Increased productivity and efficiency through the design, development and roll out of the Inventory Database for hardware/ software and user licenses.
- Led implementation of Lotus support throughout the mid-state locations and provided on-going management of the Lotus Notes network; all locations connected via a WAN supported by 14 Lotus Notes servers.
- Improved client relations and service based on outstanding communication, technical efficiency and problem-solving skills.
- Received two “Outstanding Performance Awards” in recognition of outstanding user service within the first seven months of employment.
- Provided on-site support to all clients and managers within the state. Resolved problems relating to the operation of the network by developing solutions to ensure the smooth operation of the system.
- Analyzed and monitored existing network for efficiency and effectiveness, including server performance, activity, memory and disk space.
- Coordinated server security, backup, and restoration measures for unplanned outages or other network security issues.
|ZURICH — New York, NY ||1996 – 1999 |
|System Administrator |
- Independently managed and administered Zurich’s internal system infrastructure, including maintaining the Public Address Book (PAB) and administering servers on a daily basis; consisted of 22 locations across the US, all connected via a WAN supported by 18 Lotus Note servers.
- Key player in the rollout of 14 Lotus Notes applications, a $1 million project aimed at simulating a paperless environment and continuing improvement of standards; provided technical support to team members and users during the deployment of applications.
- Instrumental in building and maintaining a test environment to support the deployment of all internal applications; server ran NT 4.0 with Lotus Notes Server 4.61 and TeamStudio Life Cycle software to support the development effort. Public Address Book (PAB) and Access Control Lists (ACL) were built to the developers' specification to simulate real life situations.
|HELMERK INTERNATIONAL LTD. — New York, NY ||1983 – 1996 |
|Manufacturing Engineer |
- Identified new and innovative approaches to enhance business development through the implementation of machine programming using MCS/2 system software.
- Developed and conducted various training and instruction courses for new personnel on the operation of the Helmerk Automated S.M.T. Line.
- Acted as direct liaison between WES project and Technology Services teams to interpret designs relating to development and operation of the manufacturing software program.
|NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ||Master of Business Administration/Technology Management (1996) |
|NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ||Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering (1983) |
|PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT |
|Organizational Behavior • Legal Environment of Business • Information Management In Business • Advanced Marketing Management • Statistics for Managerial Decision-Making • Operations Management • Applied Microeconomics • Financial Accounting • Managerial Finance • E-Business Principles and Practice • New Venture Management • Project Management • Management of R&D and Innovation Processes • Technology Transfer In The Global Economy |
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Systems Administrator Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Systems Administrator resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Systems Administrator resume sample.