Telecom and IT Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE TELECOM AND IT MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Professional with 15 years experience in telecommunications and information technology management. Noted for skills in organization, written and oral communication, project management, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution, customer service, and personnel management/training. Interact well with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, professional and technical levels.|
|• Administered and monitored a 3-year, $19 million budget in a manner that meets and exceeds milestone dates and budgetary guidelines.
• Led start-up team of 14 for major telecommunications company. Grew team to 43 members responsible for replacing 284 switches in 2-year timeframe.
• Impacted monthly revenues by $585 million, increased processing efficiency of 3.5 billion records per month, and minimized loss of billable revenue, thereby increasing bottom-line profitability.
• Streamlined processes and procedures in engineering and facilities design for Ameritech, including vendor and contractor management, inventory/logistics, construction, procurement, and monitoring/administrating all site, installation, power ant network operations teams.
• Co-developed and introduced Siemens EWSD into U.S. telecommunications network; designed interfaces necessary to communicate with network OSS.
• Engineered AT & T's first Datakit, the first packet network for use in the RBOC network support centers.
• Managed Y2K integration for switching networks in the 5-state region served by Ameritech.
• Authored, distributed, and implemented standardized processes, testing requirements, technical manuals, and MOPs for future control center operations.
Baker and Baker, Inc.
1999 - Present
|• Provide transitional support and direction to both GTE and Bell Atlantic team members through merger of companies' Information Technology departments.
• Streamlin the placement of resources necessary for melding of two independent staffs into a single cohesive unit.
• Spearhead and implement enhanced communications processes, resulting in increased knowledge sharing and strong interdepartmental relations.
• Develop and implement strategic plans for the consolidation of project timelines and meeting of commitments.
• Ensure project remains on track for compliance with FCC and organizational goals.
|Event Pre-Processor/Strategic Billing|
|• Directed the activities of up to 43 personnel on the development team, including 2 managers, 8 developers, and 4 analysts, as well as their support staff.
• Oversaw the replacement of multiple usage processing systems with a single unit using Amdocs software.
• Developed and fostered interdepartmental relationships, streamlining the exchange of information between clients and development personnel.
1997 - 1999
|Senior Staff Member|
|Telecommunications Maintenance Network Solutions
• Analyzed, defined, developed, and marketed solutions in support of services for RBOC/IXC/CLEC clients.
• Spearheaded the development of Object Oriented Design (OOD) Models for telecommunications service platforms.
|Telecommunications Maintenance Network Solutions|
|First Office Application
• Served as on-site consultant for customer assisted implementation and testing of new hardware and software.
1976 - 1997
|Communications Specialist, Manager-Y2K Implementation, System Administrator|
|• Directed and monitored implementation of Y2K conversions affecting 122 vendors and 45 million subscribers.
• Authored standard practices, testing requirements, troubleshooting guides and Method of Procedures for control center operations, maintained responsibility for systems administration.
• Engineered, managed and implemented configuration and installation of complex network backbones.
• Analyzed, troubleshot and repaired hardware/software issues in switch and transport technologies.
• Designed and implemented Disaster Recovery Plans and Database Management system for use by emergency personnel in the NOC Center.
• Led team responsible for creation and integration of inter-switch testing through mechanized platforms for wide area network testing.
• Maintained responsibility for Operations and Support Systems (OSS) Management throughout Switching Control Center and central offices of Northeast region.
• Oversaw design and installation processes for implementation and rollout of LAN/WAN applications for networking NOC/SCC workstations and mail systems.
|•||Operations Support Systems: TMN, NMA, TIRKS, MARCH, TAS, SCCS, LMOS, WFA, UNIX|
|•||Telecom Switch Technologies: AT&T, NORTEL, SIEMENS (EWSD), 5ESS|
|•||Training Networks: Ethernet, Token Ring, Novel|
|•||Network Environments: SONET, T-Carrier, ISDN, ATM, FR, LAN/WAN, NOC/SCC|
|•||Protocols: TCP/IP, SNA, HDLC, SDLC, IPX/SPX, X.25|
|•||Internetworking Hardware: Datakit Packet Switch, Routers, Bridges|
|•||Carrier/Radio Systems: D4 Carrier, Telstar Radio, SLC96/40, Fujitsu, Litespan 2000|
|•||Multiplex Systems: Rockwell, Nortel|
|•||Internet: HTML, Web Design|
|•||Software: Microsoft Word/Excel/Project/FrontPage, Project Workbench, MS Windows|
St. Leo University
|B.S., Computer Information Systems|
|Bachelor of Science, Computer Science|
Management and Organizational Behavior
Corporate Human Resources
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Telecom and IT Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Telecom and IT Manager resume sample.