Tourism Executive Director Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE TOURISM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Twenty-year professional career highlighted by progressive advancement and consistent achievement within government funded initiates. Thorough understanding of North West Territories' labour market trends and how they impact on northern communities. Outstanding qualifications in building and managing public/private partnerships and joint ventures across diverse industries with top-level decision-makers. Superior hands-on insight into career and employment issues within northern communities envisioning need from both business and user prospective. Possesses extensive professional International network with relation to community and economic development. Strong interpersonal skills utilized to inspire, coach and motivate subordinates, volunteers and diverse client groups. Strengths include:
Modern-thinking manager with innovative forecasting & planning skills
YUKON TOURISM EDUCATION COUNCIL, Whitehorse, Yukon
1996 - 2001
|Challenged to help forge new markets within designated territory ensuring meeting of objectives utilizing market planning/analysis, new market / new business development, account relationship management, and field team leadership. |
• Reporting to Regional Manager, led an aggressive building of sales team within district enabling progression towards sales goals / objectives. Second-in-command with relation to day-to-day operation of district, ensuring continuous improvement initiatives that consistently strengthen productivity, product quality and customer satisfaction.
• Spearheaded setting of higher presentation standards relating to selling techniques utilized with prospective clients in vehicle purchases.
TOURISM INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION OF THE YUKON, Whitehorse, Yukon
1990 - 1995
|• Involved in planning, development, marketing and execution of all engagements including formation of enduring liaisons / relationships with client base. |
• Personally negotiated all contracts which resulted in securing various lucrative projects such as: Canadian Ski Marathon (since 1997) and The International Casino Sound of Lights.
• Refocused marketing strategy for development of trade shows which tapped niche market of Law Enforcement Agencies.
TOURISM INDUSTRY OF SASKATCHEWAN - Education & Training, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
1988 - 1990
|Retained to work with department to create and launch a major effort to develop|
E.M. BROWN & ASSOCIATES INC
1983 - 1987
|Sr. Consultant / Partner|
|Developed key networks with various communities, agencies and government departments ensuring top-producing business relationships. Performed feasibility studies in conjunction with DREE. |
• Developed over 1000 strategic business plans for entrepreneurs and small businesses aiding in securing governmental funding sources.
• Conducted 90% of contracts from DREE for operational evaluations assessing management and staff performance, management information systems, marketing and growth strategies.
THREADFAST MANUFACTURING LTD
1982 - 1983
|Recruited as consultant from Manpower to staff, train and supervise initialization of new manufacturing plant resulting in raising of productively levels. Forged strong alliances with government employment agencies. |
• Through implementation of superior staff incentive programs helped expand staff numbers by 60%.
• Spearheaded plant's women in non-traditional roles initiative.
|COMMUNITY / INDUSTRY INVOLVEMENT|
|• Past Co-Chair, Yukon Tourism marketing Council |
• Past Member, Yukon Student Financial Assistance Committee
• Past Director, Yukon anniversaries Commission (Alaska Hwy.)
• Member, Yukon College President's Advisory Committee on Programming
• Board Member, Tourism Standards Consortium for Western and Northern Canada
• Past Director, Whitehorse Rotary Club Chair, Home Based Business Committee
• Past Director, Tourism Industry Association of Canada President, Logan Community Association
• Board Member, Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council Director, Yukon Community Futures
|PROFESSIONAL TRAINING / RECOGNITION|
Certificate in Business Administration (in Progress)
The Canadian Institute for Organization Management
|INDUSTRY RELATED SEMINARS / COURSES|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Tourism Executive Director Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Tourism Executive Director resume sample.