Travel Agent Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE TRAVEL AGENT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
Travel professional with nine years experience providing travel and travel-related services to individuals, groups, families, and businesses. Ability to grow a substantial client base through referrals from satisfied customers. Demonstrated expertise in new product development, personnel administration, and marketing services. Known throughout the region for securing the best values while providing the best service and support.
- Managed all aspects of establishing and successfully operating a small business; prepared and managed budgets, maintained accounts receivables/payables, hired and trained personnel, and implemented sales, marketing, and public relations programs.
- Developed high-growth and highly profitable marketing strategies that contributed to increased sales and revenue.
- Successfully established name recognition by focusing on customer service and support.
- Increased company presence and visibility in an extremely competitive business environment.
RYAN TRAVEL SERVICES, Wilmington, DE
2000 - Present
Managed a group of 8 travel professionals, arranging domestic and international travel services for individuals, and groups. Directed business operations, including budgeting, accounts receivable and accounts payable, contract negotiation, and personnel administration. Maintained compliance with governmental policies and procedures.
- Created and implemented sales and marketing strategies, establishing an extensive client base which contributed to significant sales growth; personally booked between $5,000 to $15,000 worth of business per week.
- Resolved client problems and requests with goal of providing 100% client satisfaction. Conducted firsthand comparative evaluations of worldwide travel markets; gained valuable experience in making accurate and sound recommendations based on clients’ needs.
- Earned valuable repeat and referral business based on excellent customer relations.
- Negotiated agreements with suppliers and vendors that resulted in significant benefits to the company and savings for the customers.
- Analyzed market and re-focused business initiatives in response to market changes.
COLONIAL CONVENTIONS, INC., Wilmington, DE
1996 - 2000
Corporate Travel Agent
Managed full-service arrangements for in-bound guests to Middle Atlantic seaboard convention destinations. Arranged hotel and restaurant reservations, conducted event and meeting planning, and arranged parties and events. Contracted with Sales Managers of hotels, restaurants, tours, boat companies, airlines, and transportation firms serving area from Norfolk, VA, to Philadelphia, PA.
- Designed a 50-point task-planning checklist in order to determine needs, set expectations, and coordinate details for corporate clients.
- Directed a team of graphic designers to produce outstanding special events marketing collateral. Marketing promotions and collateral yielded a 15% increase in sales activity.
- Commended by clients for highly entertaining theme parties and related hospitality events.
- Continually improved client-relation skills, resulting in the ability to provide individual clients with appropriate suggestions and recommendations.
GETAWAY TRAVEL, INC., Wilmington, DE
1994 - 1996
Arranged business and leisure travel for regular and walk-in customers. Booked and ticketed air, rail, and cruise reservations. Arranged rental cars, accommodations, and specialty tours.
- Developed expertise in group travel to provide quality service to corporate customers.
- Compiled a catalog of convention accommodations in order to offer clients a range of price points.
- Composed “Travel Tips” to provide recommendations for traveling to popular destinations.
- Created and implemented a 10-item questionnaire to quickly determine travel preferences.
THE ROMANOV AGENCY, Wilmington, DE
1993 - 1994
Provided administrative support for 10-person office, including filing, word processing, supplies inventory, reception, voice mail and e-mail messaging, and appointment scheduling. Developed travel itineraries for business travel and organized travel documents for senior staff.
- Updated filing system by purging obsolete material and color-coding labels for faster retrieval.
- Implemented e-mail lists to inform regular customers of promotional offers.
- Initiated automated scheduling and appointment system to coordinate senior management schedules and to prevent scheduling conflicts of conference rooms.
- Developed templates for regular professional correspondence to improve consistency of corporate communications.
Bachelor of Arts (Business Administration - Hospitality Management), 1993
Dover University, Dover, Delaware
American Society of Travel Agents, Member
Institute of Certified Travel Agents, Member
Professional Convention Management Association, Corporate Member
International Air Transport Association, Member
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Travel Agent Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Travel Agent resume sample.