Underwriter Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE UNDERWRITER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Obtain a position utilizing solid skills and experience in the management of underwriting, risk/liability, sales/marketing, credit/finance, and property inspection activities.|
|• Recruited, hired, trained, and supervised sales force of insurance agents and underwriters, achieving in significant increase in new business.
• Developed and marketed new financial products in order to expand existing accounts.
• Reviewed and analyzed applications for commercial insurance coverage, rejecting bad risks and achieving loss ratio of 45%.
• Saved company millions of dollars in potential losses by identifying lead paint exclusions based on wide-ranging research.
• Supervised extensive territories and gained knowledge of insurance laws covering the entire states of Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and California.
• Provided prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service and earned a loyal clientele.
• Demonstrated expertise in gathering information and making profitable, creative decisions.
• Processed commercial lines for new business, renewals, and endorsements.
• Trained over 15 associates in new computer system enabling them to transition to a paperless filing process.
• Prepared monthly reports on work flow and sales results to track activity and generate increased business.
• Developed guidelines for risk selection. Made State filings to provide broader coverage.
Wausau Insurance Company, Spokane, Washington
1998 - Present
|Perform 10-12 daily interior and exterior inspections to evaluate property for liability and fire hazards. Provide agents with information about potential additional lines of coverage.|
Mutual of Omaha Insurance, Spokane, Washington
1996 - 1998
|Commercial Lines Manager/Marketing Manager|
|Managed all functions of Commercial Lines Department. Appointed and trained over 30 new agents who produced 80% of the company's new business resulting in $1 million increase in volume. Developed Restaurant Business Owners Program that increased premiums by $100,000 in two months.|
Employers Insurance Corp., Spokane, Washington
1986 - 1996
|Master Underwriter/Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter/Super User Trainer|
|Oversaw sales and marketing activities for second largest territory. Achieved superior loss ratio. Reviewed ISO circulars and made appropriate recommendations. Received numerous honors, including Employee of the Month, Master Underwriter, and winner of Award for Underwriting the Most Business Owners Prestige Policies out of five regional offices.|
Farmers Insurance, Spokane, Washington
1984 - 1986
|Commercial and Personal Lines Supervisor|
|Supervised overall operations of commercial and personal lines departments. Assisted brokers in placing hard-to-place insurance risks. Directed marketing, underwriting, and training.|
|EDUCATION AND TRAINING|
University of Spokane, Spokane, Washington
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Minor: Business Management
|• Merchants Insurance Group - Courses in Property, Casualty, Reinsurance, and Public Relations
• CPCU Training - Parts I, II, VII, and IX
• Mutual of Omaha - Interior/Exterior Property Inspection
• Computer training - Windows 98, WordPerfect, and Lotus 123
|Two-term President of Spokane Lions Club
Volunteer for American Heart Association
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Underwriter Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Underwriter resume sample.