Warehouse Supervisor Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Materials Management professional with extensive experience in applying innovative, state-of-the-art concepts to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Articulate and results-oriented in leading diverse multi-functional project teams, and in enhancing performance and profits. Core Strengths:
IMAGE CORPORATION, St. Paul, MN
1999 - Present
|Provider of high-tech, diversified communications and document services to financial, legal and corporate clients.
Production Specialist / Purchaser / Materials Management
• Negotiate with vendors on print job pricing. Manage jobs, from creating purchasing orders, to proofing, shipping and billing.
• Manage 8 internal accounts, ensuring quality and efficiency of business cards, stationery and envelope print jobs.
• Handle a 300-item inventory for future fulfillment, for clients such as McDonalds, Avis and Cendant Corporation.
• Collaborate with Print Shop on new account setup/processing/inventory. Work closely with Estimating, Pre-Press, Production, Typesetting, Creative and Marketing departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Serve as Point-of-Contact for selected accounts, participating in product marketing, promotion and production.
• Led the installation of a final check point that decreased the reprint ratio from 2% to less than .5% in 1 month.
• Trained customer service, purchasing and fulfillment staff for Image's Boston Division - up and running in 1 month.
BARRETT BUSINESS PRODUCTS, St. Paul, MN
1989 - 1999
|Provider of business solutions, ranging from furniture, to high-tech communications systems.|
|Office Furniture Buyer / Used Furniture Warehouse Supervisor||
1996 - 1999
|• Purchased new and used furniture for resale to business and government offices.
• Controlled inventory for 100+ new furniture items and 300+ used furniture items.
• Revitalized Barrett's Used Furniture area, involving purchasing, restoration, merchandising display and resale.
• Increased Used Furniture revenue from $2000/month in 1996 to $40,000/month in 1999.
|Inside Sales Consultant||
1991 - 1996
|• Managed inventory purchasing/control of office supplies, including trade show attendance/buying.
• Served as liaison with customers, as well as sales, marketing, vendors, warehousing, accounting and service departments.
• Consulted with walk-in customers to ascertain and meet their buying needs; managed operations as needed.
• Recognized for meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
|Shipping and Receiving Clerk||
1989 - 1991
|• Received, stocked, filled and shipped customer orders.
• Promoted to Sales role based on thorough knowledge of up to 4,000 pieces in office supply inventory.
OTHER CAREER SUCCESSES
|• Nominated for Barrett C.A.R.E. Award ten times; attained it five times. Award is given for exceptional performance in customer service, teamwork, ideas, self-development and quality/continuous improvement process.
• Balanced part-time sales job with Cellular 2000, while working at Barrett and Image full time (1997 - 2001).
• Gained experience with large, extensive inventory working at Home Depot, 1988 - 1989, right out of high school.
|• Participated in ISO 9001 Certification Process
• Total Quality Network Program Training
• Technology Proficiency: PC and AS/400s, MS Office (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel), Lotus Notes, Publisher, Internet savvy.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Warehouse Supervisor Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Warehouse Supervisor resume sample.