The best written Curriculum Vitae is worthless if no one sees it!
In recent years it become increasable popular to join the LinkedIn or XING social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current CV. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the CV you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your CV.
However, you should manage your online presence. You should eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online CVs should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Curriculum Vitae Writing Tips
How to Maximize Hits
Tips for maximizing Curriculum Vitae “Hits”
- A hit is when one of your skills matches the computer search keywords or phrases in your Curriculum Vitae.
- Keep the most important information near the top of your Curriculum Vitae. When they receive a Curriculum Vitae electronically, the look of it does not matter as much as when it is on paper.
- In your Curriculum Vitae use common heading such as: Objective, Experience, Work History, Employment, Positions Held, Examinations, Skills, Certifications, Appointments, Summary, Accomplishments, Strengths, Education, Professional Affiliations, Publications, Licenses, Honors, Miscellaneous, etc.
- Use enough keywords to define your skills, experience, education, affiliations, etc. More skills and facts (key words) you provide, the more opportunities (hits) you will match or generate.
- The CV action words and phrases table may help with organizing your Curriculum Vitae statements. They convey involvement and accomplishments making your Curriculum Vitae more readable and effective.
- Increase your list of key words by including specifics. For example, list the names of software you use such as Microsoft Word or Lotus 1-2-3.
- Describe your experience with concrete words rather then vague descriptions. For example, it is better to use "managed a team of engineers" then "responsible for managing ...".
- Use jargon and acronyms specific to your industry (spell out the acronyms for human readers).
- Be concise and truthful.
- Focus on results not on duties and responsibilities.
- Use more then one page Curriculum Vitae if necessary. The computer can easily handle multiple-page Curriculum Vitaes. It uses all of the information it extracts from your Curriculum Vitae to determine if your skills match available positions. It allows you to provide more information than you would for a human reader.
- If you have extra space, describe your interpersonal traits and attitude. Key words could include: skill in time management, dependable, leadership, sense of responsibility, able to work under pressure, quick learning, good memory, etc.
- In addition to your e-mail address, include your regular phone number (and fax number, which you should try to arrange to have) on your Curriculum Vitae. This gives potential employers the option of contacting you in the way they prefer. Even if they never e-mail or fax you, it leaves a positive impression that you are up-to-date. Remember - every advantage helps.
- Keep Curriculum Vitaes consistent in format, style and language.
Check the spelling and grammar of your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation and English or other language usage errors or if you need help in organizing your job application, Curriculum Vitae or cover letter send it to a professional for assistance.
Remember that your Curriculum Vitae must be targeted.
If you have a difficulty with your Curriculum Vitae writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
- human CV writing services
We recommend that you email your Curriculum Vitae together with cover letter. If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use:
Other Curriculum Vitae Writing Tips on Hits Info
Now to finalize your Curriculum Vitae Writing Tips on Hits topic, if your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae are ready, you may email them through international job search engines to job recruiters and headhunters worldwide.
Good luck with your Curriculum Vitae writing tips on hits!