Best CV Writing Tips
How to Maximize Hits
Tips for maximizing CV "Hits"
- A hit is when one of your skills matches the computer search keyword or phrase in your CV.
- Keep the most important information near the top of your CV. When they receive a CV electronically, the look of it does not matter as much as when it is on paper.
- In your CV use common heading such as: Objective, Experience, Work History, Employment, Positions Held, Examinations, Skills, Certifications, Appointments, Summary, Accomplishments, Strengths, Education, Professional Affiliations, Publications, Licenses, Honors, Miscellaneous, etc.
- Use enough key words to define your skills, experience, education, affiliations, honors etc. More skills and facts (key words) you provide, the more opportunities (hits) you will match or generate.
- The CV key words and phrases table may help with organizing your CV statements. They convey involvement and accomplishments making your CV more readable and effective.
- Increase your list of key words by including specifics. For example, list the names of software you use such as Microsoft Word or Lotus 1-2-3.
- Describe your experience with concrete words rather then vague descriptions. For example, it is better to use "managed a team of engineers" then "responsible for managing ...".
- Use jargon and acronyms specific to your industry (spell out the acronyms for human readers).
- Be concise and truthful.
- Focus on results not on duties and responsibilities.
- Use more then one page CV if necessary. The computer can easily handle multiple-page CVs. It uses all of the information it extracts from your CV to determine if your skills match available positions. It allows you to provide more information than you would for a human reader.
- If you have extra space, describe your interpersonal traits and attitude. Keywords could include: skill in time management, dependable, leadership, sense of responsibility, able to work under pressure, quick learning, good memory, etc.
- In addition to your e-mail address, include your regular phone number (and fax number, which you should try to arrange to have) on your CV. This gives potential employers the option of contacting you in the way they prefer. Even if they never e-mail or fax you, it leaves a positive impression that you are up-to-date. Remember - every advantage helps.
- Keep CVs consistent in format, style and language.
Check the spelling and grammar of your CV and cover letter. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation and English or other language usage errors or if you need help in organizing your CV, send it to a professional for assistance.
- human CV writing services
We are strongly recommending that you email your job applications and CVs together with cover letters. If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use:
Other Best CV Writing Tips on CV Hits Info
Good luck with your best CV writing tips on CV hits!