Bioinformatics Scientist Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE BIOINFORMATICS SCIENTIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
- Intensive experience in DNA and protein sequence analysis using GCG, BLAST, genefinder, ORFfinder, and Grail.
- Gene discovery, including protein domain identifications, EST blast, and unfinished sequence database mining.
- Proficient in structure-function relationship, both in experiments and molecular modeling based on three-dimensional structure using Sybyl and Insight II packages.
- Adept at structure-function relationship analysis (protein domain) based on primary sequences and PDB crystal structures.
- Development of applications for genomic sequencing data, including algorithms and implementation.
- Skilled at signature sequence analysis, including protein domains and protein family classification for protein and DNA sequences.
- Practiced at writing 3-tier applications development in microarray and sequence data analysis.
- Accomplished object-oriented programming language (OOPL) designer for applications development.
- Experienced in development of computer applications for genomic data analysis.
- Proficient in writing programs for microarray data analysis.
- Database design and implementation.
Pathobiology Department, University of Florida
|Ph.D, Molecular Biology and Protein Chemistry, Pathobiology Department|
Computer and Information Science and Engineering Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
|M.S., Computer and Information Science|
|KEY SUBJECT AREAS: |
Software Testing, Programming Languages, Database Management
Computation Algorithms, Data Structure and Algorithms, and Computer Architecture
Entomology Department, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
Entomology Department, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
|•||SYSTEMS - UNIX, Linux, Windows 95/98NT/2000, Macintosh|
|•||LANGUAGES - Basic, C++, SQL, Java, Java Servlets, JSP, Perl, OOPL|
|•||DATABASES - Oracle, Access|
|•||APPLICATIONS - SAS, Oracle Tools, MS Office|
2001 - Present
University, College of Veterinary Medicine
1995 - 2001
Academy of Agricultural Sciences
1986 - 1995
Academy of Agricultural Sciences
1985 - 1986
|Presidential Recognition, University - 1997 and 1999|
|American Association for the Advancement of Science |
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Bioinformatics Scientist Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Bioinformatics Scientist resume sample.