Business Manager Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE BUSINESS MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
|LEADER: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION|
|Over 20 years progressively responsible financial, administrative, computing and management experience. Dedicated, multi-talented team builder who develops improved methods/systems and manages and grows people.Seeking position in a non-profit agency that needs a leader to set goals, coordinate, develop and manage operations for financial/accounting, administrative, IT and HR activities. Special talents in bringing together diverse groups, leveraging technology for efficiency, facility management and quality processes.|
|SELECTED CAREER HIGHLIGHTS|
Have set up multiple offices for operations from scratch, including site selection and lease agreements, facility preparation and buildout, contractor management, relocation, and arrangement of all office and administrative services.
• Reduced payroll process from 1-1.5 full days of manual labor to 1 hour per week, by installing an electronic time card system, hiring an outside processing service, and re-classification of certain staff as independent contractors.
• Accommodated extensive expansion of personnel and computer equipment in existing building through use of "creative" remodeling, and managing carpentry, plumbing and wiring contractors to maximize space, as well as assessing and updating information and file storage needs.
• Devised and implemented staffing and incentive plan designed to rejuvenate long term non-profit workers and help them career plan, in addition to hiring in new, enthusiastic and experienced staff.
• Created independent $7 million purchasing and accounts payable operations and trained the staff in procedures.
• Created an in-house non-profit accounting system, reduced external accounting fees by 50% and improved real-time access to data. Recategorized all data according to non-profit accounting principles and created QuickBooks Pro database. Improved information on spending patterns based on restricted and non-restricted accounts.
• Generated several thousand dollars per year in interest by moving cash flow funds into interest-bearing money market account. Installed online banking so funds could be transferred into business checking account as required.
• Completed selection, installation and set up of networks and telephone systems for multiple locations, including one global system. Extensive knowledge and use of TQM processes.
• Recommended and contracted technology leasing program and developed modern Local Area Network (LAN) for non-profit faced with cash flow challenges and outdated/inconsistent computing equipment and systems. Introduced email, Internet and file sharing capabilities and trained staff to use these tools.
• Sourced, purchased and installed multipurpose Blackbaud database software to facilitate real time communication of financial and donor information with external fundraising consultant.
• Led successful integration of two diverse technical departments into one technical team through team-building skills, career development and goal setting. Raised average performance evaluations for all staff members one full grade higher, as approved by the same reviewing manager.
• Eliminated need for capital expense to upgrade financial systems software and equipment by shifting processing work to sister company with excess capacity.
• Created "Help Desk" software and system to log and prioritize requests, and created a TQM team with representatives of all departments. Reduced technical problem resolution times from 7+ days to 2 days, while user satisfaction improved from a 1.6 initial rating (on a 0-5 scale) to over 3.0 within the first 4 months.
UNUM MUSEUM ART ASSOCIATION, INC, BLOOMINGTON, ILLINOIS,
|BUSINESS MANAGER/V.P. LEVEL|
|Ran group of 10 full-time staff, 20 part-time staff, 20 independent contractor teachers for this art museum with a $750,000 annual budget. Museum produced 4-6 art exhibitions per year plus provided 3 terms of art classes for children and adults. During this time, the art collection increased tenfold, activities tripled and a $5 million fundraising goal was set. |
Conducted all bookkeeping (A/P, A/R, G/L, fund accounting, sales and employment tax returns, bank reconciliations, cash management), contract and grant administration (e.g., contracts with school district to provide art classes), budget management (museum operations budget, city-owned facility budget), HR administration (hiring, firing, health insurance benefits, 401K, payroll), facility and personnel management (maintenance, staffing, reception, office administration), as well as being the board liaison (meeting minutes, records, special project staffing and coordination).
POWER ENGINEERING, INC., CINCINNATI, OHIO
2000 - 2002
|Ran office for 7 full-time staff of this $1.5 million company that sold system design software tools to electric utility companies to help them lay out grids and allocate power transmission. |
Conducted bookkeeping (QuickBooks Pro, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations), collections (secured a year-old receivable which was classified as uncollectable), data and financial management (researched international regulations and payment logistics, arranged International Wire Transfer logistics, developed and maintained Goldmine customer prospect database), prepared communications and mailings (prepared advertising and customer newsletter mailings, duplicated and distributed software diskettes), contracts and licenses (prepared software license and contract documents, processed maintenance contract renewals), project management (arranged travel, trade show and training logistics), and developed organizational systems (rearranged filing systems and work areas).
OMNIVIEW DESIGN, INC., CINCINNATI, OHIO
1997 - 2000
|EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO|
|Recruited by CEO, a former co-worker, to help build a new company that grew to 23 employees within a year, and was sold within 2 years for $6 million. Company developed and marketed two design automation software tools for the system design market; one to simplify layout, the other to analyze and improve performance. |
Set up computer network and equipment (sourced, bought and installed all equipment: computers, printers, network wiring and devices), provided sales, legal and outside consultant administration (developed sales administration database, lead tracking and customer care processes, coordinated legal work for stock options, software licensing and trademark issues, contracted and managed consultants for trade shows, seminars, corporate image and marketing collateral development), planning and logistics (managed trade show and seminar logistics, and logistics for public relations tour), marketing (created and coordinated marketing material copy development, managed printing and distribution of marketing materials) and technical writing (wrote technical abstract that won a design innovation award from Electronic Design magazine).
GEM PLETHY SEMICONDUCTORS, INC., TOLEDO, OHIO
1995 - 1997
|MANAGER, INFORMATION SYSTEMS|
|Recruited due to technical background and TQM/quality improvement experience to help this North American headquarters of a $16 billion British semiconductor manufacturer modernize their Information Systems (IS) processes. |
With staff of 8, managed 300+ Unix/Mac/PC workstations in 5 US locations as part of the worldwide Plessey network. Managed telecommunications (voice and data system as part of the GEC corporate voice network and GPSI data network). Integrated US operations with global corporate objectives (used Deloitte & Touche consultants and Microsoft Project to manage evolution of a multitude of legacy systems on diverse hardware/software into SAP running on HP-UX), and TQM (American point person for rollout of British-led quality improvement program).
YALTA GROUP OF CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS, INC, TOLEDO, OHIO
1990 - 1995
|ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER & LEASE ANALYST|
|Promoted 4 times due to willingness to add additional responsibilities. Member of transition team taking CSI from relatively independent company owned by Comdisco to fully integrated division of Cadence, a $300 million electronic design automation company. |
Network management (took over network management of a 250 user, 200 node TCP/IP Ethernet (10Base5, 10Base2 and 10BaseT) network of Sun, HP, IBM and DEC engineering workstations, PCs and Macs, including a T1 internet connection), Custom integrated software (researched, purchased and implemented Symix, an integrated order entry, manufacturing, shipping, purchasing and accounting system, customizing a package built on Progress 4GL/RDBMS, in client/server technology. Integrated Symix with Corporate Walker General Ledger Financial product), and facilities management (located sites, negotiated lease deal for a 32,000 square foot facility, and relocated organization).
Created independent purchasing and accounts payable operations (set up $7 million annual system), performed relocation and facilities management (arranged leases, equipment and services for 10 new sales offices, moved 21 employees from 2 locations, arranged office services: mailroom, shipping, reception, supplies, water, and snack services), installed telephone system (assisted in installation and programming of AT&T System 75 PBX with 40 trunks, 200 DIDs and Octel Aspen voicemail integrated into worldwide 800 numbers), and data management and analysis (calculated economic analysis reports, market projections, cash run rates, compiled reports, economic analyses, market descriptions and collateral into booklets for review by corporate Investment Committee, maintained prospects and clients databases).
JUNCTION REALTY, CINCINNATI, OHIO
1986 - 1990
|REAL ESTATE CONSULTANT AND DEVELOPER|
|Worked as real estate consultant and developer, in partnership with architect. Real estate purchasing and negotiation (located and negotiated purchase of development properties), reviewed contracts and conducted analysis (economic and investment analysis, contract documents, City regulatory processing), and renovations and remodeling project management (converted laundry into 80 upscale condos, remodeled medical office building units, new tenant build-outs).|
|EDUCATION, ONGOING TRAINING & SOFTWARE EXPERTISE|
|• Loyola University, B.A. Organizational Studies, Program for Experienced Learners, Chicago, IL, degree expected 2005 |
• Regis University Distance Learning Degree Completion Program, Denver, CO, Business Administration, 1996-1997
• Heald Technical College, San Francisco, CA, Architectural Drafting
• George Washington University, Washington, D.C., Business Administration
• University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, Liberal Arts
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Project, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Netscape, ACT!, Goldmine, QuickBooks Pro, TimeCard, Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, Crystal Reports, Shiva
• Continuing education with over 25 workshops from Skillpath, Career Track, American Management Association, AT&T, in-house corporate programs, and others.
• Fundamentals of Finance & Accounting for Non-Financial Mgrs.
• Fundamentals of Personnel Law for Managers and Supervisors
• Coaching and Teambuilding Skills for Managers and Supervisors
• Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives & Deadlines
• AT&T System 75 Administration/Programming
• Fundraising Software Evaluation Seminar
• Internetworking with TCP Basic
• Internetworking with TCP Advanced
• Client/Server Technology Overview
• Covey Leadership Training
• Total Quality Management
• Cross-functional Communications
• Negotiating to Win
• How to Deal with Difficult People
• Project Management
• SAP R/3 Overview
• Fundamentals of SunOS
• PlanNet Network Design
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Business Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Business Manager resume sample.