Casting Director Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages and disadvantages.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE CASTING DIRECTOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
CASTING DIRECTOR – FILM INDUSTRY
RESTORE CASTING, Wilmington, NC
2002 – Present
Manager/Casting Assistant (Film and Television)
· Built company while in school and through networking production companies, including: Paramount, Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Miramax, DreamWorks SKG, Warner Brothers, Spelling Entertainment, Buena Vista.
· Supervised and handled issues and multiple special events related to casting assignments including public relations and marketing. Designed strategies for effective auditions, call backs with directors and special events.
· Communicated with media outlets (newspapers, television, radio stations) to organize promotions, press events and casting calls.
· Coordinated multiple film and television departmental personnel to manage high profile personalities and their individual requirements. Arbitrated negotiations between high profile personalities and unions (SAG and AFTRA).
· Successfully developed and implemented database software to support casting activities.
· Researched and produced protocol to ensure strict adherence to child labor laws in various states.
· Researched and wrote infrastructure, standards, goals, policy and procedure, and systems.
|· Casting |
· Knowledge of Film Industry
· Research Efficiency/Organization
· Media/Relations/Public Relations
· Media Efficiency/Integrations
· Creative, Team Oriented General Manager
· Media Efficiency/Integration
· Event Planning & Management
|· Multi-Project/Multi-Task Oriented |
· Business Trend Analysis
· Customer Relationship Management
· Major Client Account Communications
· Vendor Relationship Management
· Marketing Business Development
· Budgeting/P&L Responsibility
· Video & Broadcast Technology
- Work well under pressure in demanding, time-sensitive environments. Appreciate challenges, diversity and creative opportunity. An assertive, proven leader with transferable skills from freelance casting, media relations, a film production background and management roles.
- Experienced writer/public relations professional from creative film business background including; a unique and dynamic skills set as a creative program leader with various project skills in the area of personnel/casting. Interaction with multiple film and entertainment industry professionals, and all aspects of sales, marketing, advertising, and public relations.
- Strong negotiation skills in a union and non-union setting; legal knowledge includes various labor laws.
- Extensive event planning and project coordination skills include planning press and promotional events as well as casting calls and related film, television and production work.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT WILMINGTON, Wilmington, NC
Bachelor of Arts in Communications with an Emphasis in Media Production, August 2004
Writing for Television; Writing for Radio; Commercial Writing; Media Theory
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Casting Director Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Casting Director resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Casting Director resume sample.