Community Service Volunteer Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE COMMUNITY SERVICE VOLUNTEER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Position as Community Service Volunteer utilizing organization, problem-solving, training, and customer service skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Client Services and Problem Solving
- Maintained open lines of communication to identify and resolve problems quickly.
- Analyzed problems, formulated options, and presented solutions offering win-win outcomes.
- Monitored customer satisfaction to solve problems, effectively reducing complaints by 36%.
- Developed trust, personal rapport, and strong working relations with volunteers and staff.
- Scheduled and coordinated the efforts of hundreds of volunteer workers to achieve project goals.
- Utilized technology solutions to streamline management tasks and reporting functions.
- Conducted post-event analyses to identify strategies to improve processes for future events.
- Analyzed financial data and managed budget for fundraising campaigns.
Staff Training and Supervision
- Trained, monitored, and supervised volunteer and staff performance to improve services.
- Designed and conducted pre-event training sessions, resulting in 61% fewer emergencies.
- Maintained database of volunteer participation and skills to assist future planning.
- Recruited, trained, and managed a team of 75 volunteers for the annual American Cancer Society Fundraising drive.
|Community Service Volunteer, Helping Hands, Inc., Baltimore, MD||2002 - Present|
|Program Assistant, Community Networks, Inc., Baltimore, MD||6/2000 - 12/2000|
|Campaign Organizer, State Representative Smithson, College Park, MD||6/2000 - 11/2000|
|Marketing Assistant, Buffet Enterprises, College Park, MD||6/1999 - 9/1999|
Bachelor of Arts (Communications), 1999
Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland
Fundraising Certificate, Baltimore, Maryland, 2000
American Cancer Society
American Red Cross
Future Leaders of America
VOLUNTEER AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
Walk for a Cure Fundraiser, Volunteer Organizer
Harbor Clean-up Day, Volunteer
Register to Vote Canvassing Crew, Group Leader
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Community Service Volunteer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Community Service Volunteer resume sample.