Director of Business Planning Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS PLANNING RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
|EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT / FINANCE / STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANNING|
|Professional career reflects 20 years of corporate project management, change strategies, corporate accounting, management solutions, and the development of functional structures for two industry leading insurance and financial service providers. Possess a demonstrated record of success to enhance productivity, enhance the access and utilization of shared information, increase efficiency and profitability through cost reduction. Leadership has been instrumental in the conversion of diverse financial systems resulting from mergers, acquisitions, and turbulent restructuring in a global Fortune 100 company with 18,000 staff and annual revenues as large as $8B. |
Executive successes are built upon an in depth understanding of financial strategies and an intuitive discernment for technological processes to support organizational objectives. Diversity of responsibilities has positioned me to report directly to the President, CEO or other Chief Executives, as the key point of contact in the departments of finance, operations, human resources and information management.
|Awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Ball State University. Academic credentials have been enhanced with additional training in financial reporting, cost analysis, operational improvement, human resources, payroll, workflow efficiencies, data streamlining, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, and team leadership.|
|These skills and experience support a variety of leadership capacities, such as Chief Executive Officer, Vice President of Financial Operations, or Director of Strategic Business Planning.|
|• Streamlined the processes and data management of all IT platforms following the acquisition of supporting businesses and competitors |
• Provided over site of the selection and implementation of financial applications and data management, relative to a centralized accounting, reporting, and processing function
• Consolidated the technical performance of 15 acquired companies to "home office standards" at a budget of approximately $1M per conversion
• Held ALL supervisory responsibilities for corporate Y2K conversions; this national project included a $50M project budget for three years of work which passed testing and the time critical event without loss of any programs, systems, or information
|• Hired by corporate executive team to assist in the relocation of the initial operating company, Banker's National Life to the new headquarters locations in Carmel, Indiana |
• Served as primary point of contact for the reduction of expenses due to the conversion of general ledger, disbursements, tax reporting, financial reporting and other accounting systems to a Conseco-driven corporate standard, to provide work force reduction and operational stream line equivalent to $10M per year
• Spearheaded the recent conversation of all financial systems to more accurately track general ledger, Accounts Payable & disbursements, 1099 tax reporting, abandoned property, budgeting/financial reporting and over all finance-data management
• Held direct responsibility for the Accounting Operations of this Fortune 100 company, that had a peak of 100 financial personnel, including recruiting, staffing, training, and retention
• Developed a unique interface of Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits Administration and Operations; held direct supervision of payroll for over 5000 employees
• Partnered with Human Resources and department heads to identify redundant positions, target minimally performing teams and reduce annual expenses through workforce elimination, while guarding against loss of over productivity and business generation
|• Sought by regional manufacturing plant to provide 'in house' consulting on all financial and information systems for insurance holding company with three regional offices |
• Devised prioritization plan to upgrade systems and platforms with minimal capital outlay
• Provided executive leadership for Fortune 100 company with 18,000 employees and revenues in excess of $8B, responsible for various departments, including Human Resources, Information Technology, and Accounting Operations
• Consolidated and streamlined operational, personnel, and financial departments following acquisition, harmonized systems to bring all division to Conseco Standard in minimum time
• Directed the policies and procedures by which Human Resources and Accounting Departments would incorporate personnel from previous companies, following a merger and acquisition, process was respected and used as a footprint for each concurrent process
• Purchased 'specialty niche franchise' and increased market annual sales from $350K to over $1M
• Developed solid consumer base and designed programs to attract corporate consumers
• Created a joint venture partnership agreement to start and manage "first ever in-church store"
• Recognized by corporate headquarters as "Franchise of the Year" by the fifth year of operation
Lemstone Christian Stores
1993 - Present
|Owner/Operator - Director of Business Planning & Finance|
1987 - 2002
|Senior Vice President of Information Technology|
|Senior Vice President of Human Resources|
|Senior Vice President - Chief of Staff|
|Vice President of Information Technology and Insurance Systems|
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Indiana (now Anthem)
1982 - 1987
|Assistant Vice President of Accounting Operations and Systems|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Director of Business Planning Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Director of Business Planning resume sample.