Graphic Design Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages and disadvantages.
THE GRAPHIC DESIGN RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, ST ZipCode
- TALENTED ILLUSTRATOR WITH A FLAIR FOR DESIGN & EYE FOR LAYOUT.
- DIPLOMA OF VISUAL ART GRADUATE WITH A STRONG ACADEMIC RECORD.
- PROFESSIONAL, HONEST, HARDWORKING.
The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance. – Aristotle
To contribute to the development of progressive and innovative designs that draw in the eye and capture the imagination.
• Graphic Design • Print Design • Computer Aided Design • Illustration • Web Graphics
- Talented and qualified illustrator with skills in communicating ideas creatively and effectively
- in a range of mediums including
- Ink based drawing
- Watercolour illustration
- Qualified with a Diploma of Visual Arts. Strong results with distinctions in Cartooning,
- Commercial Illustration, Editorial Illustration, Concept Development, Business Art, Computer
- Animation, Computer Imaging, Technical Illustration and Professionalism in Practice.
- Computer literate and proficient in a range of software applications including MS Word, MS
- Publisher, Quark, PageMaker, Photoshop, Flash, Corel Draw. Competent in scanning, word processing, Internet and email with ability to quickly gain proficiency in new software applications.
- Creative & inventive with the ability to communicate creative concepts on a range of levels.
- Tenacious and able to face challenges with a commitment to developing a successful career in the design industry.
- Self motivated with ability to generate creative solutions to problems.
- Personable, dedicated and professional. Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines within established timeframes.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- DIPLOMA OF VISUAL ARTS - Southern Institute of TAFE (2003-2004)
- Subjects included
- Cartooning (Distinction)
- Computer Animation 2D (Credit)
- Introduction to Artists Book (Distinction)
- Introduction to Book Binding
- Computer systems, peripherals and hardware
- Workshop: Computer Imaging for the Illustrator (Credit)
- Workshop: Computer Imaging for the Fine Artist (Credit)
- Culture & Context: Modernism (Credit)
- Culture & Context: Postmodernism (Distinction)
- Professional Practice (Distinction)
- Professionalism in Practice (Credit)
- The Business of Art (Distinction)
- Introduction to Illustration
- Commercial Illustration (Distinction)
- Technical Illustration
- Video/CD/Cassette covers and storyboards
- Promotion & Presentation (Credit)
- Editorial Illustration (Distinction)
- SENIOR CERTIFICATE – Carmel Catholic College (1997-2001)
Gallery: SOURCE 22
22 Constance Street, Fortitude Valley
Duration: 2 days, Nov 26th – Nov 27th 2004
Exhibition: SOUTHERN GRAPHIC DESIGN NEW MEDIA ILLUSTRATION EXPO
Sketched a range of original illustrations displaying conceptual and design elements applicable to the new media subjects.
Gallery: CARINDALE HOTEL
Duration: 3 weeks, July 2001
Exhibition: CARMEL COLLEGE YEAR 12 ART EXPO.
Achieved academic recognition for design capabilities through selection for Winner Carmel College Artistic Achievements Award
Completed Preceptorship at Quest Newspapers, observing artistic practices within the freehand cartoonist field.
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Graphic Design Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Graphic Design resume sample.