Legal Counsel Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE LEGAL COUNSEL RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|CREDENTIALS AND OBJECTIVE|
|Executive Director for an Association or Not for Profit, Strategic Business Planner, or Legal and Regulatory Analyst employing organizational and management skills to achieve institutional goals.|
Business Management / Executive Administration / Legal Counsel
Over six years of business, contract, personnel and financial analysis in private and corporate legal counsel. Seasoned writer and discerning researcher, capable of reducing loss and liability of both individuals and industry-leading corporate clients. Experience includes small and mega-corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, contract resolution, policy development, personnel administration, and establishment of operational procedures.
Awarded a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from University of Wisconsin School of Law. Graduate credential is supported by a Bachelor of Arts degree in Classical Humanities from the University of Wisconsin. Member of the Wisconsin and American Bar Association(s). Academic and professional credentials have been enhanced with additional training in operations, management, human resource regulations, personnel development and training, community service administration, and numerous computer based business applications.
Leadership expertise has been sought by numerous professional and community organizations. Served as Vice President of Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority, and program coordinator for Wisconsin Special Olympics and Race for the Cure. Most recent administrative role is Director of Fund Raising and Development for the Milwaukee Humane Society.
|• Identify recent Supreme Court decision regarding sexual harassment claims and liabilities, presented information to Senior Partners, lead to edit of existing policies and handbook for the firm and numerous corporate clients. |
• Adept skills in interviewing, selecting, assigning projects, reviewing, and evaluating interns and legal administrative personnel.
• Established "first of its kind" all-access server system to enable partners and professors to monitor cases assignments and research projects for all intern and co-op students.
• Intuitive understanding of state business law and financial guidelines led to the development of an investment structure that significantly diminished special regulatory filing, thereby eliminating over 50% of client legal fees.
• Sought by Senior Partners to "rescue" an unfinished corporate document, coordinated administrative and research staff to complete the project within 24 hours, savings to the corporate client potential penalties of $300K per day.
• Insight to practical applications of business software enabled me to negotiate a trial run of "legal specific software", saved the firm significant investment and validated accuracy of 500 legal citings for major case.
• Appointed Chair of annual fund-raiser for the Milwaukee Humane Society, coordinated donation of services and products, achieved a land mark participation with a 45% reduction in event expenditures.
Goldman and Frank
1999 - Present
Lincoln, Beale, & Frank
1998 - 1999
Baker and Baker
1998 - 1998
Judge Adam Helix
1997 - 1998
|Judicial Intern Massachusetts Superior Court|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Legal Counsel Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Legal Counsel resume sample.