Principal IT Consultant Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE PRINCIPAL IT CONSULTANT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|EXECUTIVE SUMMARY |
|Dynamic executive IT professional with track record of successes in team development, leadership, customer relationship management, negotiations, project management and development and implementation of large, complex global IT projects. Expertise in application development life cycle and architecture, data resource management, and information technology infrastructures. Excelled in several high profile project advisor roles for global corporations involving IT systems implementations. Clients have included, Aetna, Travelers, Bank of New York, First Union, Bank of America, Credit Suisse First Boston, Chase Manhattan Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Office Depot and AT&T. Proficient public speaking skills, dynamic coaching and mentoring, and superior team and individual development. Record of averting IT crises and leading project teams to success with on time and within budget completions. |
|PROFESSIONAL WORK SUMMARY |
|Chase Manhattan Bank ||1995 to Present |
|Principal Consultant / Senior Manager |
|PROJECT RESULTS |
- Project Manager of numerous successful large-scale and complex projects, including integration and consolidation of enterprise systems of 2 large investment banks, Global PeopleSoft ERP HR and Financials implementation, data warehouse for HR, benefits and payroll, workforce analytics and employee/manager self-service.
- Directed, led and coordinated multiple project teams implementing technology strategy and PeopleSoft ERP implementation through life cycle of project.
- Led successful implementation of large, complex infrastructure supporting over 375,000 employees, including migration of payroll systems supporting 60,000 US employees from bi-weekly to semi-monthly system; rolled-out application to over 1,500 users in 25 countries; converted over 27 million records.
- Strategically aligned IT solutions with business objectives; led selection of appropriate technology and vendor products; evaluated ERP products SAP, PeopleSoft and Oracle.
|CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS |
- Project Advisor for B2E web strategy for Fortune 500 insurance company. Advised project team on methodology and approach to develop e-HR vision and portal strategy.
- Conducted high-level assessment study, including overview of HR Internet solution, HR portal vision, current environmental assessment, target environmental assessment and approach for implementation.
- Provided outsourcing evaluation for Fortune 500 global bank. Analyzed and evaluated benefits and risks of outsourcing bank’s HR and payroll functions.
- Developed effective rapport and strategic client relationships with many senior executives by providing technology advice and consultation in solo high-profile roles; recognized by client senior management as valued advisor.
- Masterminded an innovative solution for PeopleSoft process optimization involving HR, payroll and benefits. Solution identified as best practice for process area and consequently leveraged by multiple clients.
- Architected state-of-the-art system that is stable, robust, highly versatile, high performance, enterprise-wide and global with 24/7 capabilities.
- Analyzed and evaluated several system architecture paradigms and platform-specific options involving Enterprise Servers and Enterprise Storage systems.
- Proposed and achieved significant cost-saving strategy for PeopleSoft ERP system by performing capacity analysis and generating archiving solution.
- Originated and drove revamp and upgrade of systems architecture, providing advanced robust platform and innovative enterprise architecture for corporate systems.
|FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT |
- Successfully managed and rolled out strong portfolio of several multi-million dollar projects.
- Identified new opportunities for revenue generation and proactively proposed and obtained additional revenues achieving significant sales record.
- Recognized as the Top Performer for revenue generation and business development.
- Spearheaded design, development, and implementation of complex systems infrastructure for large Fortune 500 bank, involving the first “big bang” implementation of PeopleSoft payroll, benefits administration, HR, and pension modules.
- Provided direction, advice and critical review of team activities involving 100+ members through all phases of project.
- Served as primary contact and project liaison with business owners and steering committee, including periodic face-to-face debriefings with senior management.
- Identified, assessed and developed target individuals building high performance teams for successful project completions.
- Spearheaded custom implementation and design of billing systems for large telecommunications company.
- Recognized as effective and admired coach/mentor by staff.
|KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT |
- Served as quality assurance reviewer on most challenging projects.
- Provided subject matter expertise and thought leadership for multi-national technical team implementing PeopleSoft v8.0 Financials.
- Successfully completed conversion from NT-based systems to Unix-based platform and migration of RDBMS from Sybase to Oracle.
- Systems Architect consulting with Fortune 500 insurance company, providing analysis, and quality assurance reviews for “big bang” implementation of PeopleSoft HRMS.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in project planning, design, architecture and integration of systems, network administration, server and database management, performance and stress testing, and reporting warehouse implementation.
- Designed and architected setup and configuration of HP Enterprise servers, operating system platform layout, directory structures and application setup design.
- Led development efforts involving logical and physical database design, software design and development, application and database tuning on various hardware/software platforms.
- Leveraged technical knowledge across the firm as formally acknowledged by practice unit IT leadership.
|AT&T ||1993 to 1995 |
|Systems Architect |
|Exxon Corporation ||1990 to 1993 |
|Systems Analyst |
Bachelor of Science Degree, Electrical Engineering
University of Virginia, 1990
|PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS |
White Paper, “Tuning Oracle for Peoplesoft Application”
Speaker, Oracle Users Group Conference
SME Speaker, PwC Learning Center
Experienced Project Manager, Seminar Speaker
Executive Speaker Series, University Initiative
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Principal IT Consultant Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Principal IT Consultant resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Principal IT Consultant resume sample.