Restaurant and Bar Manager Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE RESTAURANT AND BAR MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
- Over 15 years experience in Restaurant and Bar management and operations.
- Expertise in planning, marketing, cost analysis, budgeting, expense control, staffing, training, and quality management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate staff to achieve results.
- Track record of success reducing costs and increasing revenues.
- Received 80% of business through referrals from satisfied customers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
MANAGEMENT / LEADERSHIP
- Managed daily operations of business with $200,000 monthly sales through improved management techniques, attention to detail, inventory control, and developing vendor relationships.
- Conceptualized and directed a $150,000 marketing campaign designed to grow client base.
- Oversaw all aspects of business operations including budgeting, cost control, payroll, accounting functions, sales forecasting, and growth objectives.
- Recruited, trained, and motivated staff of cooks, servers, and bartenders.
- Fostered a team atmosphere through coaching, training, communication, and motivation.
- Scheduled work shifts for 50-60 employees, cutting costs by standardizing processes and products to improve efficiency. Produced first version of customer service handbook.
- Monitored and purchased inventory, ensuring sufficient levels to accommodate demands.
- Verified incoming shipments, checking specifications and quantities. Rejected damaged goods and arranged for return to vendor.
- Defined and implemented FDA-compliant food safety program and trained food handlers to maintain high standards of cleanliness, safety, and quality.
- Developed expertise with computer software including Excel and Daily Sales Report (DSR).
- Delivered personal attention to customers to ensure high level of satisfaction, to generate repeat clientele, and to encourage word of mouth referrals.
- Developed rapport with customers and received the People’s Choice award for Best Food and Best Service two consecutive years.
- Trained service staff to completely focus on delivering a quality customer experience.
- Instituted theme nights while tending bar to draw wider variety of customers.
1995 - Present
1990 - 1995
1989 - 1990
1987 - 1989
Bachelor of Arts (Business Administration - Restaurant Management), 1994
Central Coast College, Orlando, Florida
National Restaurant Association
Florida Restaurateurs, Miami Chapter
American Bartenders Society
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Restaurant and Bar Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Restaurant and Bar Manager resume sample.