School Social Worker Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
Educated and dynamic professional offering twenty years of accelerated and combined expertise in counseling, social and human services, education, program and project management, staff development, in-services training and administration, and community outreach. Twelve years working within The County Board of Education as a School Social Worker, Lead Coordinator and Project Manager, coupled with ten years in psychiatric and foster care case management working with the Medical Center of Central Georgia, DFACS and the Department of Human Resources. Proactively develops, streamlines and energizes projects, programs and other disciplines to enhance the social, educational, psychological and other characteristics of students, parents, educators, social workers and the general public. A quick study with an abundance of life experience and the professionalism and dedication to remain an integral member of the educational community. Exceptional leadership, listening, interpretation, coordination, communication, problem solving and resource skills.
UNIVERSITY OF GOERGIA, Athens, GA
|Masters, Social Work|
FORT VALLEY STATE COLLEGE, Fort Valley, GA
|Bachelor of Arts, Social Welfare and Elementary Education|
County Board of Education, Macon, GA
1989 - Present
|School Social Worker|
Macon County Community Mental Health Center, Macon, GA
1987 - 1989
|Psychiatric Social Worker|
Department of Human Resources, County DFACS, Macon, GA
1986 - 1987
Medical Center Of Central Georgia, Macon, GA
1979 - 1986
|Psychiatric Social Worker|
|ADVANCED CAREER SPECIALTY TRAINING|
|• "Public Sector Investigation, How to Investigate Possible Workplace Misconduct to get the Information you Need-Without Liability," Council on Education in Management, Atlanta, GA |
• "How to Conduct an Internal Investigation," Council on Education in Management, Atlanta, GA
• "Conducting Investigations Determining the Truth & Developing the Record", Advanced Education, Inc., Macon, GA
• "Taking Risks Without Being at Risk," School Social Worker's Association of Georgia, (SSWAG)
• "Peace, Providing Excellence in Assisting Children Everywhere," SSWAG
• "Emergency Management in Georgia's Schools," Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA)
• "Kids in Crisis-Responding to The Call," SSWAG
• "Adolescent Suicide and The Many Facets of Loss," County Board of Education
• "Welfare Reform-How Will it Impact Georgia's Children & Their Children," SSWAG
• "If It's To Be, It's Up to Me; For the Best Interest of Georgia's Children," SSWAG
• "Celebrating 50-Years of School Social Work in Georgia," SSWAG
• "Developing Resiliency Skills in High Risk Youth," Student Assistance Professionals Association
|AFFILIATIONS & COMMUNITY SERVICE|
|• Board of Directors, Macon-County Teen Court, 1998 to present |
• Member, Schoolhouse Student Health Advisory Board, 1998 to present
• Member, National Association of Social Workers (NASW); participant, Georgia State Nominations & Leadership
Development Committee; South Central Representative, 1998 to 1999
• Member, School Social Worker's Association of Georgia (SSWAG), 1989 to present
• Executive Board Member School Social Worker's Association of Georgia (SSWAG) 1999 to present
• President (1997-1998); Past President (1998-1999), Member School Social Worker's Association of Georgia (SSWAG)
• Board of Directors, River Edge (Families Preventing Teen Pregnancy), Medical Central of Central Georgia, 1996 to present
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other School Social Worker Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the School Social Worker resume sample.