Sound Engineer Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages and disadvantages.
THE SOUND ENGINEER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Cell: Phone #
Sound Engineer ~ Graduate
“This is a very slick recording. Well done”—Lecturer, University of California
A passion for technical excellence, an intense commitment to deliver to deadline, and the vision to inject creativity into everyday tasks, are performance characteristics that have underpinned university studies, work experience stints, and hands-on freelance assignments in sound engineering. Acknowledged by lecturers and clients as a meticulous trouble-shooter, rapid-paced learner, and independent thinker; intuitive, analytical, and proficient in applying realistic and imaginative solutions to technical issues. Dedicated to enriching and maintaining the integrity of musical compositions of all genres, optimizing sound quality, capitalizing on equipment capabilities, and making high-impact, behind-the-scenes contributions.
• Sound Engineering
• Microphone Technique
• Sound Reinforcement
Technology Snapshot: ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Cool Edit, DSP, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Reason, Logic Control, Control 24, 02R, and analogue desks.
Bachelor of Arts Communication
Double major: Music Technology and Communication Studies
University of California (2004)
Recent examples of academic projects, challenges, and team work supporting career goals
Assigned to independently produce a 24-track, 5-minute recording. Secured services of popular local bands—Five Flavors and ReclinerTV to donate time to the project. Professional commitments limited date availability, a music festival on the night of recording was cause for excess noise concerns, and the analogue-to-digital converter developed faults. Despite the challenges:
• Overcame external noise leakage and faulty equipment by altering layout recording plan to four microphones, no drum effects, and two tracks for keyboard. Fine-tuned gates and expanders to eliminate ambient sound from the festival.
• Project was awarded a High Distinction. As evaluated by lecturer, “This is a very slick recording. Well done. The documentation is great, and the data sessions well organized; the project is of a high standard.”
Project aimed to challenge technical capabilities by producing 10 minutes of material that focused on MIDI in a live context using self-designed patches and networks, real-time digital signal processing, and sound reinforcement. One hour prior to performance, requested equipment had been incorrectly supplied, monitor connections were incompatible, and MIDI Controller Driver had been deleted. Quickly sourced correct monitors, installed back-up drivers on computer, and identified and resolved mixer issues impacting the PA system. Project contributed to the overall distinction result and top-of-the-class status for the subject.
Special Freelance Projects
Tapestries of Music
Recorded and arranged a CD of eight classical and improvised musical compositions featuring ten instruments and solo vocals. Accompanying the songs was a short, biographical showcase of music, interspersed with a brief audio commentary by the group’s founder edited from forty minutes of discussion to four minutes of highlights.
• Promotional tool was an outstanding success, scoring job offers for the group throughout the state. Later requested to coordinate the group’s live audio during appearance at the Rocklin Carnival.
• Produced Tapestries of Music recordings over 5-days in a secluded mountain retreat. Captured the group’s unique feel by experimenting with microphone layouts that eliminated extraneous household and instrument sounds. Devoted more than fifty hours to mixing twenty songs at both the retreat and in studio, and ten hours editing the biography showcase.
• Entrusted by rock band ReclinerTV to repair quality issues surrounding poor mix and distorted kick drum sound in tracks produced by another sound engineer. Resolved flawed vocals and misplayed notes during the mixing process and re-mixed to the band’s satisfaction.
• Recorded eight songs for a classical group from India with forty members—including five solo vocalists, choir, and instruments including flute, guitar, harmonium, violin, and a percussion section. With the group new to studio environments, addressed all members on control room protocols, procedures, and expectations of the recording sessions.
• Coordinated equipment hiring and mixed songs for three bands for a live community event. Overcame power-line electrical noise through the PA to deliver a sound performance commended by all bands as “the best on stage sound they have ever experienced.”
|RADIO KSCO AM||2003|
Production Assistant (Work Experience)
Independently networked among contacts to secure rare work experience opportunity with prominent radio station KSCO AM. Reporting to the Manager of In-House Promotions, gained first-hand knowledge of operations, equipment, and broadcasting through observation and limited hands-on tasks.
• Trained in the use of RCS Selector and the Yamaha O2R digital mixing desk connected to DSP editing software where promotional clips were produced.
|TWO MEDIA GROUP STUDIOS||2002|
Assistant to Senior Sound Engineer (Work Experience)
Company: Post-production specialists in television and radio advertisements.
Equipment: O2R, DSP, Drawmer DL 241 compressors, EMU e-Synth ultra, Sony PCM-7030 DAT recorder
Combined work experience and observation engagement that provided insight into the technical aspects of compression. Learned methods for communicating with clients and talent to achieve the best outcomes possible.
• Edited raw voice recording, added sound effects, and mixed to DAT format. Production was considered superior with the artist using it as a talent showcase for securing new projects.
Volunteerism | Community | Sports | Personal
State Team Representative in Volleyball, Californian Independent Schools (CIS)
Coached school volleyball team to premiership at CIS Championship (1997–2000)
Recipient, Silver Citizenship Medallion
Leisure interests: play piano and flute. Enjoy water and snow skiing and Nakamura Ryu
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Sound Engineer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Sound Engineer resume sample.