Truck Driver Resume Sample
The functional resume format (skill based resume), highlights the skills and accomplishments developed through work, academic and community experiences, and hide carrier changes and irregularities in work history. Your skills and potential can be stressed and lack of experience or possible gaps in work history de-emphasized. Check the functional resume advantages & disadvantages.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with resume keywords by industry.
THE TRUCK DRIVER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
UNION LOCAL TRUCK DRIVER • DISPATCHER
SAFETY COORDINATOR • HEAVY DUTY RECRUITER
- Goal-oriented driver with distinguished safety record and 12+ years of long distance over-the-road experience in 48 states. Dedicated employee with strong work ethic and noteworthy attendance record. Detail-oriented in all aspects of material handling. Excellent organizational skills; flexible to changing priorities.
- Extensive experience driving, handling, loading: 10-speed freightliner, 13-speed Kenworth, refrigerated trailer, 53-foot van trailer, light/heavy trucks, tractor-trailers, forklifts, flatbeds, single-/double-drop trailers.
- Hardworking, self-starter with proven record of responsibility and time management skills. Established reputation for highly reliable and competent performance; consistently meet deadlines. Apply sound judgment to identify and resolve problems. Skilled dispatcher.
- Noteworthy personnel management skills. Work well with a wide variety of people at all levels. As head of Driver Retention Committee, improved drivers’ morale and boosted retention rate to 65%.
- Supervised and trained drivers. Rewarded by promotion to lead driver for presenting recommendation/plan to change transportation lane to expand business. Knowledgeable in working with bills of lading and inventory records.
- Initiated plan to acquire faster computers to more efficiently dispatch drivers. Member of board that implemented programs/processes that improved efficiency 23% overall.
- Understand safety rules/regulations to ensure public safety and safety of driver and equipment. Complete pre- and post-trip Driver Vehicle Inspection Report for each unit of equipment, which includes inspecting the truck for defects before and after trips and submitting report indicating condition. Affirm that cargo is loaded properly so it will not shift during transport.
- Received 2-year letter for safety. Apply professional training, knowledge, and regulations of commercial driving techniques and skill in maneuvering vehicles in difficult situations such as narrow passageways, public parking lots and customer delivery dock areas. Comply with all federal, state and local regulations concerning safe vehicle operation. Stay alert to prevent accidents. Thorough knowledge of DOT regulations/log reporting.
- Effective team member; equally competent working independently and unsupervised. Clean DMV record and consistent work history.
- Computer savvy. Qualcomm Communications.
|PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT |
|J.B. Hunt – Lowell, Arkansas ||DRIVER ||2001 – Present |
|D.E. Jonsen – Grove City, Ohio ||DRIVER ||2000 – 2001 |
|Nordic Express – Manitowoc, Wisconsin ||DRIVER ||1999 – 2000 |
|All American Transport – Francis Creek, Wisconsin ||DISPATCHER / DRIVER ||1989 – 1999 |
Staff Sergeant, Honorable Discharge, 1989, U.S. Army
Communications Specialist • Airborne • Ranger School
|LICENSURE / EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION |
|Pennsylvania CDL, Class A, Endorsements for Haz-Mat, Tanker |
|Recent courses include: ||Driver Recruiting ||Smith System Safe Driving |
| ||Driver Retention ||Hazardous Material Safety Transportation |
Graduate, 1989, Truck Driver Development Services – Lake Milton, Ohio
ICC Regulations • Log Book • Backing and Docking • Inspection • Safe Driving — Recipient of Safe Driver Award
|Graduate, 1986, Farrell High School – Farrell, Pennsylvania |
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Truck Driver Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Truck Driver resume sample.