How To Network for Job Search
Why should you network?
• A network replaces the weakness of an individual with the strength of a group.
• Your network provides you with contacts.
• Your network gives you feedback that you need.
• You gain new experiences and knowledge.
• You gain new friends.
• Networking can help you help others.
- Networking is the process of developing and nurturing personal and professional contacts to obtain referrals, advice, information and support.
- You build your own network by identifying contacts, and linking and expanding those contacts to grow your own network and reach into other people's networks.
- Networking is an essential component of a job search.
- People in your network could include friends, relatives, former teachers, classmates, neighbors, former bosses and co-workers.
- Contacts can come from volunteer work, courses, leisure and community activities. Also, people you meet on a casual basis can provide valuable information.
- Networking occurs everywhere - at social events, sports events, community functions, the grocery store, the bus stop, everywhere!
- With the reality of the current labor market and the hidden job market, job seekers must continually seek to expand their networks.
- The majority of jobs are referred by word-of-mouth, not through want ads or agencies.
- Develop a plan and goals for your networking activities.
- When you are given leads or referrals, ask the people providing them for permission to use their names.
- When networking, never assume that a person will not be able to help you. Sometimes well-connected and helpful people are missed because of assumptions.
- Thank people who help you. Keep your network posted on developments.
- However, how you would network in California, where you know no one, when you are living abroad i.e. in India or Russia?
In such a case, the answer is simple - let employment agencies network for you!
If you have a difficulty with your CV or resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use
- human CV writing services
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview. If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use:
When you completed your job application, you are ready to submit it to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other How To Network Info
Good luck with how to network info!