Job Search Internet
People are using the Internet for job search, career advice, networking tips, resume and CV samples and lots more. Don't have access to the Internet? Many libraries allow you to set up your own free account. Community agencies may also offer free computer access. You may use Internet Cafes if no other free access is available in your area.
Job Search on the Internet
The job search methods and job search services described here are for your benefit. Based on this information you should be able to make an educated selection of a most suitable and effective way to take in hunting for your new career, position, work, employment or job in desired industry and location.
Looking for a job should not be a full-time job! You may search for jobs right now. However, when you find one you must apply for it with your current resume or CV. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, take a look at resume/CV and cover letter writing advice.
Many people believe that online services like free job search, Country Job Search or Job Search in Country are all equal or as good as job search services also known as job search engines. No, this is inaccurate because these services are designed for different purposes. Let us explain in some details:
- free job search at search engines - Some people say that you can find your new job at search engines like Google or Yahoo. Yes, you can but ... you can research companies and recruiters if you know they Internet addresses. If you know such addresses, do you thing that they have jobs waiting for you? Do they have a job you are looking for? Do they have a job that is suitable for your qualifications, skills and in your desired location? How long would take you to find one suitable for you job - a day, a week, few weeks? That cost you your time. Time is money. So, is it really free? Isn't it better to leave this task to professionals and utilize your time for something more efficient?
- free job search services - there are hundreds of them on line. However, nothing is for free. Most often you need to register leaving your name and email address. They "protect your privacy" - but who guarantees this? They are much smaller and less resourceful then the leading job search engines. Most often they are getting they jobs from the job search engines in a first place. Usually they cover small areas like a city or town and list jobs from the local newspapers. They are good for small jobs like trades, sales or temporary jobs. If you are seeking other jobs, you may need to look at free job services associated with bigger towns.
- resume/CV posting services - this is a passive job search. Your resume/CV and cover letter must be ready for posting. You select a resume/CV posting services and submit your job application to them. They will post your resume/CV to the database of resume and CV posting companies. This is a better way than previous methods but you are going to compete with many other job seekers. Your resume will be posted between millions of other job seekers.
- resume/CV distribution services - this is what we would call a semi proactive job search. This approach is definitively better than all the above ways. You submit your resume/CV to a resume and CV distribution services company. Such companies maintain they own databases of employers and recruiters. You select them by selecting your desired job locations and types of jobs. After payment, your job application will be distributed.
- job search engines are also known as job search services - this is a most effective and proactive step you can take in finding your new career, position, work, employment or job in your desired industry and location. You may browse through jobs or search for jobs for free and you do not need register or leave your email address like in other so called "free job search services" above. You may do so by selecting the keywords, locations or type of jobs. You may also narrow your job search by combining these selections. Then when you click the "Find Jobs" button or hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard the job search engine searches for jobs listed on all of the major job boards, newspaper sites, niche industry sites and corporate job sites.
- Also use other Job Leads.
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current CV or resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the CV/resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your CV/resume.
However, you should manage your online presence. Eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online CV/resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
When you completed your job application, you are ready to submit it to employers and Job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Job Search Internet Info
When you receive an invitation to the job interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at dress code because how you dress is the one of the most important attribute in being hired.
Good luck with your job search internet and avoid these job search mistakes!