Job Skills Sought By Job Recruiters
- Knowledge of the business
- Ability to exploit information technology.
- Flexibility, productivity, cooperativeness, accountability, positive attitude and integrity.
- Speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to write clearly.
- High personal standards.
- Ability to handle numbers; carry out calculations accurately.
- Ability to respond to, investigate and evaluate problems.
- Continual learning, taking responsibility for learning.
- Planning and time management.
- Ability to working a team, respect differences, take responsibility and make decisions.
- Ability to use equipment.
- Ability to extract information from reading and to interpret instructions from short notes.
In addition take a look at this helpful pages:
- Finding Jobs
- How to Find a Job
- How to Network
- Job Leads
- Job Search Skills
- Job Search Strategies
- Job Search Tips
- Where Jobs Are?
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current CV or resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the CV/resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your CV/resume.
However, you should manage your online presence. Eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online CV/resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Job Skills Info
When you receive an invitation to the job interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at dress code because how you dress is the one of the most important attribute in being hired.
Good luck with your job skills!