Why People Are Not Hired For Available Jobs
When 153 American companies were asked to list the reasons why they rejected applicants who were interviewed for available jobs.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS and CHARACTERISTICS were the major factors.
Only two of the 40 reasons listed are related to educational and/or technical competence.
- Poor personal appearance.
- Overbearing attitude - conceited, arrogant, 'superiority complex'.
- Inability to express oneself clearly - poor voice, diction or grammar.
- Lack of clear career goals.
- Lack of interest or enthusiasm - passive, indifferent attitude.
- Lack of confidence and pose - very ill at ease or overlay nervous.
- Overemphasis of money - interested on it best salary.
- Poor scholastic record.
- Unwillingness to start at bottom - expects too much too soon.
- Evasive - makes excuses hedges about unfavorable information, avoids answer.
- Lack of diplomacy or tact.
- Lack of maturity.
- Lack of courtesy - ill mannered.
- Condemnation of previous employers.
- Poor attitude about school.
- Lack of vitality - no spark.
- Failure to look the interviewer in the eye.
- Limp, fish handshake.
- Inability to relate skills and experience to position applied for.
- Sloppy application form or resume outdated.
- Lack of genuine interest in position - merely shopping around, just want job.
- Lack of commitment - wants the job only for a short time.
- Little sense of humor.
- Lack of knowledge of field of specialization.
- Lack of research into company and/or industry.
- Emphasis on whom s/he knows.
- Unwillingness to be mobile.
- Negative or cynical attitude.
- Lack of tolerance - strong prejudices.
- Narrow interests.
- Poor handling of personal finances.
- Obvious personal problems.
- Failure to ask appropriate questions about the job or company.
- No interest in community activities.
- Inability to accept criticism.
- Lack of appreciation for the value of experience.
- Radical ideas.
- Late to interview without good reason.
- Failure to express appreciation for interviewer's time - no thank you or handshake
If you have a difficulty with your CV or resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use
- human CV writing services
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview. If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use:
When you completed your job application, you are ready to submit it to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Not Hired Tips Info
Do you know how to avoid of not being hired, now? Good luck with finding jobs!