The ways that we go about job search have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
Job search now? - It's a jungle out there!
Job Search Types
How many employers will see your CV or resume today?
None? 1? 10?
The job search types, job search methods and job search services described here are for your information so you can make an educated selection of a most suitable and effective ways you can take in finding your new career, position, work, employment or job in your desired industry and location.
Looking for a job shouldn't be a full-time job! You may search for jobs right now, but when you find one you must apply for it with your current resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing and cover letter writing advices.
Many people believe that such online services like free job search, resume distribution or resume posting are all equal or as good as job search services also known as job search engines. No, they are wrong because they are designed for a different purposes. Let me explain in some details:
- free job search at search engines - Some people say that you can find your new job at search engines like Google or Yahoo. Yes, you can but ... you can research companies and recruiters if you know they Internet addresses. If you know such addresses do you thing that they have jobs waiting for you? Do they have a job you are looking for? Do they have a job which is suitable for your qualifications, skills and in your desired location? How long would take you to find one suitable for you job - a day, a week, a few weeks? That cost you your time. Time is money. So, is it really free? Isn't it better to leave this task to professionals and utilize your time for something more efficient?
- free job search services - there are hundreds of them on line but nothing is for free. Most often you need to register leaving your name and email address. They "protect your privacy" but who guarantees this? They are much smaller and less resourceful then the leading job search engines. Often they are getting they jobs from the job search engines in a first place. Usually they cover small areas like a city or town and list jobs from the local newspapers. They are good for small jobs like trades, sales or temporary jobs, If you are seeking other jobs you may need to look at free job services associated with bigger towns.
- CV & resume posting services - this is a passive job search. Your resume and cover letter must be ready for posting. You select a resume posting services and submit your job application to them. They will post your resume to they database of resume posting companies. This is a better way then the above methods but you are going to compete with many other job seekers. Your resume will be posted between millions of other job seekers.
- CV & resume distribution services - this is what I would call a semi proactive job search. This approach is definitively better than all the above ways. You submit your job resume to a resume distribution service company. Such companies maintain they own databases of employers and recruiters. You select them by selecting your desired job locations and types of jobs. After payment your job application will be distributed.
- job search engines are also known as job search services - this is a most effective and proactive step you can take in finding your new career, position, work, employment or job in your desired industry and location. You may browser through jobs or search for jobs for free and you do not need register or leave your email address like in other so called "free job search services" above. You may do so by selecting either the keywords, locations or type of jobs. You may also narrow your job search by combining these selections. Then when you click the 'Find Jobs' button or hit the Enter key on your keyboard the job search engine searches jobs listed on all of the major job boards, newspaper sites, niche industry sites and corporate job sites - more than 1,500 in all.
Looking for a job shouldn't be a full-time job!
Use the most powerful job search engines on the Internet to date!
You may search for jobs right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advices.
Before you start searching for jobs you need to prepare your resume or CV and cover letter.
If you have a difficulty with your CV or resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use
- human CV writing services
Because CVs and resumes refer mainly to the past time with exception of your present job and employers are interested mostly in the future of they companies, often cover letters are more important or convincing to them then the accompanying resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When your job application consisting of your job cover letter and resume or CV is completed you are ready to submit your resume to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Job Search Types Info
Good luck with your job search types!