The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career now? - It's a jungle out there!
Aerospace Engineer Occupation, Job and Career
Aerospace Engineer Nature of Work
Aerospace engineers research, design and develop aerospace vehicles, aerospace systems and their components, and perform duties related to the testing, evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance. Aerospace engineers are employed by aircraft and spacecraft manufacturers, air transport carriers, and in government and educational and research
Aerospace Engineer Work Conditions
The majority of aerospace engineering work involves aircraft modification and assessment of damage. However, there is also a significant industry engaged in manufacture.
Aerospace Engineer Personal Requirements
- enjoy technical and engineering work
- analytical and problem-solving ability
- good oral and written communication skills
- practical and creative
- able to work without supervision
- able to accept responsibility
- able to work as part of a team
- normal color vision may be required
Aerospace Engineer Employment Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or in a related engineering discipline, such as mechanical engineering or engineering physics, is required
- A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required
- Licensing usually is required to approve engineering drawings and reports, and to practice as a Professional Engineer
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
Aerospace Engineer Duties and Tasks
Aerospace engineers may perform the following tasks:
- plan and design aircraft, aircraft parts and support equipment by preparing drawings and making mathematical calculations, often aided by computer systems
- design modifications to systems such as fuel or air conditioning and outline installation procedures
- conduct tests to measure the performance of an aircraft or part, or to make sure that design specifications and airworthiness requirements are met
- supervise and co-ordinate the manufacturing, assembly modification, repair and overhaul of aircraft and spacecraft investigate failed engines or other aviation components
- develop procedures for the repair of aviation components
- work out and manage schedules for repairs and maintenance
- assess mechanical systems, flight characteristics and aircraft performance
- evaluate new and used aircraft and advise the potential purchaser
- investigate and report on structural or other component or system failures, accidents or incidents and prepare recommendations for corrective action.
Aerospace Engineer Example Titles
- Aerodynamics Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Aircraft Design Engineer
- Stress Engineer, Aerospace
- Structural Engineer, Aerospace
- Systems Engineer, Aerospace
- Test Engineer, Aerospace
Aerospace Engineer Related Occupations
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Production Manager
- Production or Plant Engineer
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Avionics Mechanic
- Avionics Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineers
Aerospace Related Industries
Aerospace Engineer Related Resumes
- Aeronautical Engineer resume sample in the functional format
- Aerospace Engineer Graduate resume sample in the combined format
- Aerospace Project Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Aircraft Electrician resume sample in the combined format
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Aircraft Mechanic resume sample in the functional format
- Aviation Inspector resume sample in the combined format
- Avionics Systems Expert resume sample in the combined format
- Jet Engine Mechanic resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Materials Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Materials Scientist resume sample in the combined format
- Production Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Technology Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
You may search for aerospace careers or aerospace engineer occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Aerospace Engineer Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with aerospace engineer occupation!