The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career now? - It's a jungle out there!
Real Estate Agent Occupation, Job and Career
Real Estate Agent Nature of Work
Real estate agents arrange the sale of houses, businesses, flats, factories, shops and farms on behalf of the owners. Real estate agents are employed in the real estate industry.
Real Estate Agent Work Conditions
Real estate salespeople often work irregular hours, including weekends. This occupation involves a great deal of contact with the public and with associated industries and professions, such as builders, solicitors, notaries and banking personnel.
Real Estate Agent Personal Requirements
- good communication and negotiation skills
- good organizational skills and attention to detail
- good presentation and a pleasant manner
Real Estate Agent Employment Requirements
- Completion of secondary school
- Completion of a real estate training course
- The license in the area of employment
Real Estate Agent Duties and Tasks
Real estate agents may perform the following tasks:
- advise on the merits of properties and terms of sale
- arrange finance and insurance
- assess buyers' needs and locate properties for their consideration
- discuss the method of sale, presentation of the property, costs and inspection times with vendors (sellers)
- draw up legal agreements between vendors and buyers
- estimate the current market price and suggest a reserve or minimum selling price
- list details of land or buildings for sale and arrange for the advertising of properties
- take prospective buyers to inspect properties
Real Estate Agent Example Titles
- Commercial Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Sales Representative
Real Estate Agent Related Occupations
- Mortgage Brokers
- Real Estate Property Managers
- Rental Agents
Real Estate Related Industries
Real Estate Related Resumes
- New Home Real Estate Agent resume sample in the functional format
- Real Estate Agent resume sample in the combined format
- Real Estate Appraiser resume sample in the combined format
- Real Estate Sales Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Real Estate Salesperson resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Realtor resume sample in the combined format
You may search for real estate agent occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invites you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Real Estate Agent Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with real estate agent occupation!