The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career now? - It's a jungle out there!
Data Entry Clerk Occupation, Job and Career
Data Entry Clerk Nature of Work
Data processing operators use terminal keyboards and visual display units to input coded, statistical and other information into a computer for storage, processing and transmission. They are employed in offices and computer centers throughout the private and public sectors.
Progression to senior positions is possible with experience.
Data Entry Clerk Work Conditions
Data entry workers usually work a standard 40-hour week in clean offices. They sit for long periods and sometimes must contend with high noise levels caused by various office machines. These workers are susceptible to repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, neck and back injuries and eyestrain.
Data Entry Clerk Personal Requirements
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- Able to concentrate for long periods
- Attention to detail
- Good at working with computers
Data Entry Clerk Employment Requirements
Employers generally hire high school graduates who meet their requirements for keyboarding speed. Increasingly, employers also are expecting applicants to have training or experience in word processing or data entry tasks. Spelling, punctuation and grammar skills are important, as is familiarity with standard office equipment and procedures.
Data Entry Clerk Duties and Tasks
Data Entry Clerks may perform some or all of the following duties and tasks:
- Check messages sent to and from computers
- Identify, label and store diskettes, disks and tapes
- Input information in prescribed formats such as reports, mailing lists, accounts, payrolls, staff records or scientific information
- Input source data to diskettes, disks and tapes for storage using computers and data entry consoles
- Look at diagnostic messages on screens to detect malfunctions and report to supervisors
- Maintain databases
- Maintain libraries of diskettes, disks and tapes
- Receive and register invoices, forms, records and other documents for data capture
- Retrieve, confirm and update data in storage
- Transfer data between different kinds of software
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data
Data Entry Clerk Example Titles
- Data Control Clerk
- Data Entry Operator
- Data Input Clerk
- Data Processor
- Payment Entry Clerk
Data Entry Clerk Related Occupations
Data Entry Related Industries
All private and public industries i.e.
- Health / Medical
- Human Resources
- Sales etc.
Data Entry Clerk Related Resumes
- Bank Teller resume sample in the combined format
- Billing Clerk resume sample in the functional format
- Cashier resume sample in the functional format
- Clerical Position resume sample in the combined format
- Cost Analyst resume sample in the combined format
- Customer Service resume sample in the functional format
- File Clerk resume sample in the functional format
- Office Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Personal Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Salesperson resume sample in the functional format
You may search for administrative careers or data entry clerk occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Data Entry Clerk Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with data entry clerk occupation!