The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career now? - It's a jungle out there!
Advertising Manager Occupation, Job and Career
Advertising Manager Nature of Work
Advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. Advertising managers are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and by government departments.
Advertising Manager Employment Requirements
Advertising managers require a university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing and several years of experience as a sales or advertising manager or in a related occupation.
Advertising Manager Duties and Tasks
Advertising managers may perform the following tasks:
- develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting products and services to those markets
- develop plans in relation to advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and sales management
- identify and analyze an organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the advertising environment
- make decisions regarding products such as labeling or packaging
- make decisions regarding the distribution of products, manage store image or undertake direct marketing
- manage distribution channels such as shops and wholesalers
- set goals for market share and growth
- undertake advertising audits to monitor sales performance
- undertake new-product development
- work out an approach to pricing and set prices for products and services
Advertising Manager Example Titles
- Advertising Director
- Corporate Sales Manager
- Director, Advertising
- Director, Media Relations
- Director, Public Relations
- E-commerce Manager
- Internet Communications Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Regional Sales Manager
- Web Marketing Manager
Advertising Manager Work Conditions
Advertising managers may have to work in the evenings or on weekends, and may be required to travel for business. Advertising involves working with, and gaining the cooperation of people in specialist areas such as technical experts, production managers, accountants and advertising agents.
Advertising Manager Personal Requirements
- able to analyze and interpret information
- able to work as part of a team
- able to work independently
- organizational skills
- very good communication skills
Advertising Manager Related Occupations
- Marketing Managers
- Retail Trade Supervisors
- Senior Managers
- Retail Trade Managers
- Sales Managers
- Public Relations
Advertising Related Industries
Advertising Related Resumes
- Advertising Associate resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Advertising Executive resume sample in the combined resume format
- Advertising Sales Professional resume sample in the combined resume format
- Call Center Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Liaison Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing and Advertising Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing and Communications Director resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing Communications Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Mass Media Specialist resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Proofreader resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Public Affairs Executive resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Public Management Supervisor resume sample in the combined format
- Public Relations Director resume sample in the combined format
- Public Relations Director resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Public Relations Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Public Relations Specialist resume sample in the combined format
- Sales and Promotions Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Vice President of Public Relations resume sample in the combined format
You may search for advertising careers or advertising manager occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Advertising Manager Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with advertising manager occupation!