The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career search now? - It's a jungle out there!
Auditor Occupation, Job and Career
Auditor Nature of Work
Financial auditors examine and analyze the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures. Auditors are broadening the services they offer to include budget analysis, financial and investment planning, information technology consulting, and limited legal services.
Auditor Duties and Tasks
Auditors may perform the following tasks:
- give an independent opinion on the financial performance of an organization, and the extent to which its obligations are met
- verify the accuracy of information in the accounting records
- verify that assets and liabilities mentioned in reports in fact exist
- prepare financial statements and reports for senior management, shareholders and statutory bodies
- assess the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization, be it a private company or a government department
- examine the records of government departments, statutory and municipal authorities and government-owned enterprises
- advise clients on ways to improve their accounting systems
- assist in a business stock take and valuation of a business.
Auditor Example Titles
- Corporate Controller - Accounting
- Financial Auditor
- Internal Auditor
Auditors Work Conditions
Auditors work indoors in offices, in their own organizations or in clients' organizations. They may therefore need to travel to undertake their work. Hours are usually regular although may be long when working to deadlines.
Auditor Personal Requirements
- strong mathematical ability
- good problem solving skills
- organizational skills
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- computer literacy an advantage
- able to work well under pressure
- eye for detail
- have a methodological approach to tasks
Auditors Related Occupations
- Bank Clerk
- Financial Manager
- Financial Institution Branch Manager
- Financial Planner
Auditor Related Industries
Auditor Resume Samples:
- Accountant resume sample in the chronological format
- Accountant resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Accounting Professional resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Auditor resume sample in the combined format
- Bank Teller resume sample in the combined format
- Banking Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Banking Sales Representative resume sample in the combined format
- Banking Supervisor resume sample in the functional format
- Clerical Position resume sample in the combined format
- Cost Analyst resume sample in the combined format
- Economist resume sample in the combined format
- Financial Services Professional resume sample in the functional format
- Tax Auditor resume sample in the combined format
You may search for accounting careers or auditor occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advices.
Before you start searching for auditor occupation you need to prepare your resume or CV and cover letter.
- human CV writing services
Because CVs and resumes refer mainly to the past time with exception of your present job and employers are interested mostly in the future of they companies, often cover letters are more important or convincing to them then the accompanying resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When your auditor job application consisting of your job cover letter and resume or CV is completed you are ready to submit your resume to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Auditor Occupation Info
Good luck with your auditor occupation!