The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career search now? - It's a jungle out there!
Accountant Occupation, Job and Career
Accountant Nature of Work
Accountants plan, organize and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments. Accountants are broadening the services they offer to include budget analysis, financial and investment planning, information technology consulting and limited legal services.
Accountant Duties and Tasks
Accountants may perform the following tasks:
- assist in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
- prepare financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and statutory bodies
- conduct financial investigations, undertakes audits, prepares reports, and advises on such matters as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
- examine operating costs and the income and expenditure of institutions
- provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- liaise with bankers and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
- may advise on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
- may appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
Accountant Example Titles
- Certified General Accountant
- Chartered Accountant
- Chief Accountant
- Income Tax Expert
- Industrial Accountant
- Management Accountant
Accountant Work Conditions
Accountants may work on their own or with other accountants. Accountants work indoors in offices. Accountants in private practice have a high level of public contact. Some positions involve travel, which is often interstate or overseas. Hours are usually regular although may be long when working to deadlines. Tax specialists often work long hours during the tax season.
Accountant Personal Requirements
- strong mathematical ability
- good communication skills
- good presentation skills
- able to build rapport with clients
- able to analyze and solve problems
- good organizational skills
- discretion when dealing with confidential information
- professional and ethical
Accountant Related Occupations
- Accounts Clerk
- Company Secretary
- Financial Planner
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Manager
Accounting Related Industries
Accountant Resume Samples
- Accountant resume sample in the chronological format
- Accountant resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Accounting executive resume sample in the combined format
- Accounting professional resume sample in the combined format
- Accounting professional resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Accounts payable bookkeeper resume sample in the combined format
- Accounts payable clerk resume sample in the combined format
- Bookkeeper resume sample in the functional format
- Certified Public Accountant resume sample in the combined format
- Cost Analyst resume sample in the combined format
- CPA accountant resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Financial accountant resume sample in the combined format
- Staff accountant resume sample in the combined format
- Tax accountant resume sample in the combined format
- Tax accounting controller resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Trade accountant resume sample in the combined format
You may search for accounting careers or accountant occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advices.
Before you start searching for accountant occupation you need to prepare your resume or CV and cover letter.
- human CV writing services
Because CVs and resumes refer mainly to the past time with exception of your present job and employers are interested mostly in the future of they companies, often cover letters are more important or convincing to them then the accompanying resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When your accountant job application consisting of your job cover letter and resume or CV is completed you are ready to submit your resume to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Accountant Occupation Info
Good luck with your accountant occupation!