The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career now? - It's a jungle out there!
Auditor Occupation, Job and Career
Auditor Nature of Work
Financial auditors examine and analyze the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures. Auditors are broadening the services they offer to include budget analysis, financial and investment planning, information technology consulting, and limited legal services.
Auditor Duties and Tasks
Auditors may perform the following tasks:
- give an independent opinion on the financial performance of an organization, and the extent to which its obligations are met
- verify the accuracy of information in the accounting records
- verify that assets and liabilities mentioned in reports in fact exist
- prepare financial statements and reports for senior management, shareholders and statutory bodies
- assess the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization, be it a private company or a government department
- examine the records of government departments, statutory and municipal authorities and government-owned enterprises
- advise clients on ways to improve their accounting systems
- assist in a business stock take and valuation of a business.
Auditor Example Titles
- Corporate Controller - Accounting
- Financial Auditor
- Internal Auditor
Auditors Work Conditions
Auditors work indoors in offices, in their own organizations or in clients' organizations. They may therefore need to travel to undertake their work. Hours are usually regular although may be long when working to deadlines.
Auditor Personal Requirements
- strong mathematical ability
- good problem solving skills
- organizational skills
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- computer literacy an advantage
- able to work well under pressure
- eye for detail
- have a methodological approach to tasks
Auditors Related Occupations
Auditor Related Industries
Auditor Resume Samples:
- Accountant resume sample in the chronological format
- Accountant resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Accounting Professional resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Auditor resume sample in the combined format
- Clerical Position resume sample in the combined format
- Cost Analyst resume sample in the combined format
- Tax Auditor resume sample in the combined format
You may search for accounting careers or auditor occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Auditor Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with your auditor occupation!