The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career now? - It's a jungle out there!
Printing Machinist Occupation, Job and Career
Printing Machinist Nature of Work
Printing machinists set up and operate sheet and web-fed presses to print illustrations, designs and text on paper, plastic, sheet metal and other material. Commercial printing companies, newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies and establishments in the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments employ them.
Printing Machinist Work Conditions
Printing machinists work in both small businesses and large manufacturing companies, and with single and multi-color printing presses.
Printing Machinist Personal Requirements
- able to carry out detailed work
- an aptitude for mechanical work
- enjoy practical and manual work
- good eyesight and normal color vision
- good hand-eye coordination
Printing Machinist Employment Requirements
- Completion of a college program in printing technology or
- a four-year apprenticeship program in printing or
- a combination of on-the-job training and specialized high school, college or industry courses is usually required.
Printing Machinist Duties and Tasks
Printing machinists may perform the following tasks:
- adjust the paper feeding devices which separate and feed sheets through the machine
- carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance
- fit printing plates or cylinders on presses, mix the inks that go on them and adjust the color flow to the image
- prepare image materials such as relief, planographic (flat) and intaglio printing plates
- set up and operate 'in-line' finishing functions
Printing Machinist Example Titles
- Flexographic Press Operator
- Offset Press Operator
- Printing Press Operator
- Rotogravure Pressman
Printing Machinist Related Occupations
- Binder and Finisher
- Graphic Designer
- Offset Printer
- Printing Hand
- Screen Printer
- Textile Printers
Printing Related Industries
Printing Machinist Related Resumes
You may search for printing machinist occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Printing Machinist Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with printing machinist occupation!