The ways that we go about a career have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A career now? - It's a jungle out there!
Pulp and Paper Operator Occupation, Job and Career
Pulp and Paper Operator Nature of Work
Pulp and paper operators operate and monitor various types of processing machinery and equipment to produce pulp and paper. Pulp and paper companies employ them.
Pulp and Paper Operator Work Conditions
Pulp and paper operators need to be responsible and careful when handling machinery.
Pulp and Paper Operator Personal Requirements
- able to handle multiple tasks
- able to work as part of a team
- aptitude for problem-solving
- enjoy practical and manual work
- mechanical aptitude
Pulp and Paper Operator Employment Requirements
- Completion of secondary school and
- completion of several weeks of formal company training and several months of on-the-job training
- previous experience as a pulp mill labourer within the same company is usually required.
Pulp and Paper Operator Duties and Tasks
Pulp and paper operators may perform the following tasks:
- adjusts steam pressure and temperature of dryers and hot air rollers
- checks and starts auxiliary equipment such as agitators, pumps and filters
- compiles production records and reports
- inspects samples of products and laboratory reports and adjusts stock flow rates, speed and pitch of belts, frequency and amplitude of shaking, and pressures on pulp rollers
- operate machines which cut paper from rolls into sheets, stack them and remove and stack defective sheets
- operate size tubs, or spray the paper with dyes, steam or water to finish
- operates controls to regulate the flow of white water and pulp stock into machine headboxes and on to wire-mesh belts for forming
- positions rolls of paper on machine reel stand using hoists and fasten collars and guides to secure them on shafts
- sets up other equipment, starts machines and observes paper to detect wrinkles and makes adjustments to keep it smooth
- threads paper around tensioner rollers, through machines and on to take-up rollers
Pulp and Paper Operator Example Titles
- Bleacher Operator
- Digester Operator
- Refinery Operator
- Repulper Operator
Pulp and Paper Operator Related Occupations
- Plastics and Composites Processors
- Pulping Control Operators
- Rubber Processors
- Wood or Paper Processing Machine Operators
Pulp and Paper Related Industries
Pulp and Paper Related Resumes
- Equipment Maintainer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Machine Operator resume sample in the functional format
You may search for pulp and paper operator occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invites you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Pulp and Paper Operator Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with pulp and paper operator occupation!