The ways that we go about employment have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for employment ads in your Saturday newspaper.
An employment search now? - It's a jungle out there!
Find Employment Opportunity
Employment Opportunity - It's a jungle out there!
The ways that we go about an employment opportunity / employment search have changed. It used to be that you could call a few job headhunters, send out some job resumes or CVs and look for employment ads in your Saturday newspaper.
All employers, employment agencies and executive headhunters are investing in new state-of-the-art computer systems to increase efficiency in storing and processing CV and resume information.
Pretending that it is business as usual when it comes to finding work is futile. You cannot afford to ignore the following:
- Companies are relying increasingly on technology to screen applicants. Today companies ask to fax in your CV / resume. Many more are now requesting to email your job application. These trends accelerate as CV & resume scanning and electronic applicants screening & tracking become widely used.
- The downsizing of human resources departments, in many corporations, has resulted in a situation whereby many CVs / resumes are never seen by human eyes once they enter the electronic systems!
- Hi-tech companies want hi-tech employees. If you plan to work in the computer, engineering or similar field, you will find most positions posted on the Internet. In fact, the technology companies only advertise for workers there. The message is:
If you cannot find us, we do not want you!
- Look at the employment agencies ads in today's newspapers. Did you notice that many companies have included their corporate World Wide Web address? They want you to look at their Web site before your job interview!
- Computer literacy is a requirement! Even junior positions and low-tech companies demand basic computer skills.
- There are millions of CVs and resumes posted on the Internet. You take a chance that an employer or a headhunter is going to find your CV or resume among these millions.
- You have a much better chance if you contact job headhunters and companies directly, rather then waiting for them to find you.
Search for employment opportunity using the most powerful employment search engine on the Internet!
You may search for employment opportunity right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advices.
Before you start searching for employment opportunity you need to prepare your resume or CV and cover letter. So, use:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing computer software,
- automated resume builder or
- human resume writing service
Most employers expect a CV or resume to be accompanied by a cover letter, commonly referred to outside the United States and Canada as a "letter of interest" or a "motivation letter". If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When your job application consisting of job cover letter and resume or CV is completed you are ready to submit them to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work. Then, you need to prepare yourself to win at interviews and get the job you want.
Other Employment Opportunity Info
Good luck with your employment opportunity search.