The ways that we go about a job search have changed. It used to be that you could call a few recruiters, send out some CVs or resumes and look for job ads in your Saturday newspaper.
A job search now? - It's a jungle out there!
Sources of Job Leads for Job Search
After all, why not double your chances of success?
Some good bets for great job leads include:
- Telephone Book yellow pages and blue pages (This information is current only at the time it is given to the person taking information for ads.)
- Chamber of Commerce directories
- Municipal Economic Development Office (you may be able to get a current list of companies registered, a listing of those who have applied for building permits in the past month, etc.)
- Local schools, colleges and/or universities
- Trade and business magazines
- Directories of professional associations, business and trade associations (unions), etc.
- Human Resources Development in your country
- Newspaper and magazine classified ads and articles
- Organizations for volunteers, churches, political, community and social services
- Bulletin boards in shops, malls, city halls, government offices and corporations
- Approach employers directly (by phone or in person) and ask about jobs
- Friends, relatives, neighbors, past co-workers
- Informational interviews
- Join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites.
In addition take a look at this helpful pages:
- Finding Jobs
- How to Find a Job
- How to Network
- Job Search Skills
- Job Search Strategies
- Job Search Tips
- Where Jobs Are?
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When you completed your job application, you are ready to submit it to employers and Job recruiters in places where you want to work.
Other Job Leads Info
When you receive an invitation to the job interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at dress code because how you dress is the one of the most important attribute in being hired.
Good luck with your job leads!